Saturday, January 19, 2019

Wamego Home Tournament-Wrestling

Well, I had high hopes for our home tournament.  Andrew usually does well at this tournament and I couldn't wait to see how he did this year on his home turf.  I am VERY proud of his second match and how he rallied back from a disappointing first match but I wish his third match had gone a little better. 

First match and the kid ran a half on him.  I am not sure his defense against the half is great so I honestly don't think he really knew what to do.  I felt like the match was going well until that reversal and then half.  I hate that he seemed to just give up but I never know what is going on in his head.  


Second match, WHAT a difference.  Defense against the half and 3 periods of trying really hard, even when he was in some bad positions.  This is all I ask, just try.  I don't care if you win, just try.




Third match was a bust.  It appears on the video that he had his shoulder up but I wasn't down there so I can't tell.  This kid has pinned him several times before so it doesn't shock me that he pinned him.  Would have like a little more try but it is what it is.

We have at least one more tournament if not two so excited to see how he works these valuable lessons into his next matches!  I am also looking forward to being back on mat side with him. I was a worker today so that is why the videos aren't the greatest. I was videoing and hollering from the head table :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment