Friday, September 27, 2019

Runfessions

I know I am not part of the Runfessions link up, but I love getting stuff out and on paper.  Basically it's the whole reason I blog so here ya go!


I runfess that while we have heard 0 from Andrew's teachers, I know it's coming, the whole attention thing.  We have been working with a tutor that specializes in kiddos with attention issues and or learning disabilities and she has done AMAZING things with him.  I have loved watching a kiddo that has struggled even having private instruction, to a kiddo that loves to learn now and is confident.  I hate that we only see her once a week for an hour, but I believe she is giving him LOTS of tools for his own toolbox to help with focus and attention.  She is not a doctor but she says that there is something or many things going on with not only focus but also processing but we are going to watch it this year and do lots of testing probably next year.  We still don't want to medicate if at all possible.  I think we can accomplish this as he has already made lots of improvements.  I am not judging any parents who medicate, I think every case is totally different and sometimes medication is the only answer, but I am hoping we can avoid that if at all possible.  I love my child so much and I want him to love school as much as I did growing up.

humidity makes you sweaty and salty
I runfess that while this summer wasn't a cake walk, the humidity didn't kick my ass as much as it use to.  I am still trying to figure out how.  I know I run slower and the walk breaks every 4 minutes for one minute help but still.  Last summer I swore I would never EVER train in a the summer and then this year, I did double the mileage and was so much better.  I runfess that I hope this happens next summer too so I can train for more 50 milers and maybe even a 100K:)  Of course i don't want to brag too much because summer isn't over here in KS and just today as I type this it's feels like 96 outside.  Sigh.

I runfess that I really really want a coach again.  Mainly because i like someone else making the plan and helping me with the changes as I go along.  I know I will be fine this race, even if I am under trained for this race, but sometimes life happens and I would like an expert opinion on what to do.   Plus, I already have another 50 miler that I really want to do and I need advice on how to approach since it is in April and I would only have 4 ish months to train.   I would also like someone coaching me and keeping me accountable with weights and strength training. I runfess I am SUPER excited to be getting a set of weights and a bar so I can have a home gym, but I am going to need guidance on how to be safe and what  to do.  I have looked at options on both and both are a bit expensive to do what i want to do, so I may have to chose one over the other.  I runfess I am still looking for that money tree growing somewhere.

That is all from me from the runfessional!  See ya next month!






2 comments:

  1. Ha ha!! We all are looking for a money tree ;-) Just wait until the college years arrive LOL I'm glad to hear you found a way to make the summer training work in all the heat/humidity!

    ReplyDelete