Sunday, September 8, 2019

Week 15 of 24: Training for the Running Amok 50 miler

Well, last week did not go as planned thanks to the crud coming into our world.  This week was race week and I was determined to get better, get some sleep, and run my damn marathon.

Monday:  Rest day.  I did get some sleep as the Delysum 12 hour cough syrup seemed to help the most, but there still was some coughing and some awake time.  I think my body has just shifted to it's old ways since I am not getting up at 4 am. I use to be a night owl and have horrible insomnia and this feels a little like that.   I didn't cough as much, but had to work both jobs and was pretty tired by the time I got home from work.  Labor day in our world = work day.  AH the joys of owning your own business.  Of course I also let my parking pass lapse at KSU and now we have samples that actually work, so I will have to do any and all KSU work on weekends and nights.  I am hoping once I get through this samples that this may be the end.  I am sure I will be wrong as I always am.

in today's edition of where is boom....
 Tuesday: Easy ?  I knew if I could just get some sleep that running might be okay.  I decided to throw all the things at my cough including Delysum, vicks on the feet, Sudafed, and melatonin and low and behold it WORKED!  I did still wake up a couple of times but mostly I felt like I had very deep restful sleep.  Of course a dog woke me up at 4:30 am puking but such is life.  I decided to try a run loaded up with cough drops just in case and WOW, I was fine!  It was feels like 76 ,but I took it easy and let my running partner talk the whole time and I had little to no coughing.  I am actually getting excited about my upcoming marathon! Let's hope I can continue this sleepy streak!  5 miles which was half the miles I needed for the day but it is what it is!

Elvis and pumpkin beer.  I am ready for fall!
Wednesday:  Easy ?  I am so off my mileage that it isn't even funny.  I did  4 with Stella and 2 with boom boom.  I really need to start upping Boom's mileage and honestly I don't think Stella is going to mind as long as she gets her run first.  I didn't get as much sleep the night before, totally forgot to add vicks to the feet and I am sure that is what did it.  Why I didn't just get up and do it is beyond me.


Thursday:  Easy ?  6 miles.  I did 5 with Stella and 1 with Boom and we all LOVED the cooler weather.  Boom could have gone more but I needed to be back to shower and head to Manhattan for a dentist appointment.  He is LOVING running and that frees up our walks to school to be with Deuce who is getting a little neglected in the running department these days.  At 10 he can't really tolerate the heat very well so he is a fall/winter runner and is not so patiently waiting for summer to be over here in KS.

Friday:  Rest day and prep day and baseball practice.  Yeah. Running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  I wanted to get to bed super early but that just didn't happen.

LOVE the swag!!!
Saturday:  Race day!  The HAWK!  Recap to follow.  SO much goodness, badness, and heat.  We did it though!

Sunday:   Well was suppose to run for two hours but that just didn't happen.  I chose to walk instead for recovery.   As I am posting this, I still haven't walked or done anything yet and I am pretty sore and sickly so it may not happen.  I am not running a fever, just coughing pretty bad again and super congested.   I will go to the DR now because we are starting the third week of this and i am tired of it. 


Have a great upcoming week!  I am going to enjoy a cut back week and recovery from my sickness and from my marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment