Monday, May 4, 2020

Last week before official training begins

Scared?  Yep.  Ready?  Nope.  One more week before we start training again!  I have modified the plan I found to do several weeks of 4 runs a week before we go into 5 days a week and I hope that helps my body adapt a little easier.  



Monday: Strawberry Pie from our favorite local eatery The Friendship House and a bike ride post work with Rockin Robin.  Perfection.  



Tuesday:  Super raider award plus sunrise run.  Perfect timing since Andrew finished both his common core math work book and his common core English work book.  He wanted to keep the sign, but it goes back unfortunately so it can go to other super raiders.  Glad the school is doing something fun to lift these kiddo's spirits.


Wednesday:  Any day with art in the lesson plan is a good day for my kiddo.  He had to draw what he wanted to drive when he grew up.  Of course he drew the M and M car.  Sigh.  At least he likes the car and not the driver....yet.   Started on my new exercises regime. I have about 16 exercises mixed with core and hammy/glute stuff.  On my non run days I have to pick 8 (4 of each and do them).  On my run days I have to just do 4 total (2 of each). I like this plan and it gives me an excuse to get up from my desk periodically all day.  


Thursday:  5 miles at 5:45 am.  Enjoying seeing the sunrise again, but not getting up.  Get with the program body, warm times are ahead.  That first week is always the hardest.  My stomach rebels the whole time we run, and I am ready to go to bed at 8 pm.  


Friday:  Happy May Day!!!!  Second set of exercises done and the 100 rep challenge officially finished.  Of course last day was burpees, but I broke them up to 10 at a time and did not do the push up, just plank to squat and then explode up.  I hate burpees with a passion so I was super proud to get through all 100 in a day and not die.


Saturday: Headed out to Fancy Creek for 8 miles.  We were doing well and having a great time till my running partner fell and cut her hand.  At lease she had a wipe to clean it with in her pack (and I will be adding antiseptic wipes to my pack for future runs.  We were able to put the wipe on it and then tie a poop bag around it.  We did see one biker on the trail and towards the end, several hikers (with loose dogs URGH).  We both felt like the days of hitting the trail at 8 am were over and that we were going to have to get up and run much much earlier to beat the heat.  Sigh.  Not ready to feel so tired all of the time.  Afterwards met with my other running partner and went over our plan to run the Hawk 50.  I have found a way to tweak it to make sure we have several week of 4 day a week runs before we dive right into 5 day a week runs.


Sunday:  Slept in a little due to having beers and burgers and smores the night before.  YUM!  It was so worth it.   The weather was warm but with a nice breeze.  I took Boom boom and he got hot, but handled it well.  I have a feeling very soon I will need to run with both of them to get them both heat acclimated.  Stella will probably still be my main trail dog though.  Afterwards we had another fire in the back yard with all of the sticks and wood we have collected lately in our yard and our neighbor's yard.

Have a great week!  Scared but looking forward to starting a new training cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment