Monday, August 9, 2021

Week 4 of 12: Training for the Hell Creek 20 miler

This week was one big hot mess.  With Andrew racing the race cars both weekend days and football practice 3 nights a week, I had to completely blow my schedule out of the water.  

What I was suppose to do:

Monday: Rest

Tuesday: 5 miles easy

Wednesday: 3 miles easy

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Cross train

Saturday: 9 miles easy

Sunday: 4 miles easy



Monday: 3 easy miles.  I took Stella ella and even with the cooler temps she still struggled a bit and it was hard for me to watch.  Instead of being out front or right behind me, she tucked in fairly early and stayed behind me.  Don't get me wrong, she had a smile on her face every time I checked on her, but I can really tell she is out of shape and running in the slightest bit of humidity is bothering her.  My hope is when fall rolls around that she can run again on shorter runs more regularly, but I am just not sure.  She is really battling allergies right now too, which makes life a little hard.  I just hate seeing her age.  I want her to be my running dog for ever and ever.  



Tuesday: 5 miles.  This one was hard, not because of the temps or the humidity but because despite going to bed early, my brain turned on at 2 something and would not shut off.  I know i got some sort of sleep from 2ish till I finally got up at 5 am to get ready, but how much I did not know. I was very glad that my running partner was super talkative so I could just focus on her and not how tired I was.  I was tempted to bring Stella with the cooler temperatures but opted to just stick with Boom.  



Wednesday:
Rest day.  I had thought about getting strength done, but between more days of appointments and the craziness of the phone ringing off the wall (great problem to have, just need more workers), I opted to get in bed early post dinner and get some sleep over heading back to the shop post football.  


Thursday:  4 miles.  I had a horrible night's sleep thanks to my body trying to start my period.  I really wanted a hysterectomy this year and I haven't been blessed with one yet, so I get to battle my body every 28 ish days with horrible cramps and heavy periods.  I am glad once again my running partner was chatty so I could just cruise along and listen to her talk.  It was feels like 72 but a nice breeze was blowing making it kind of feel fall like.  




Friday:  Long run day!  Since I had back to back race car races on the weekend, I wanted to get my long run day done.  I got up at 4 am and fueled and then headed out in the darkness with boom boom.  The moon was so cool, just a tiny red sliver of a moon.  The temps were not bad, there was a coolish wind blowing from the south.  My stomach did not want to cooperate, so I visited the ditch a few times and my uterus wanted in on the party so I had some pretty intense period cramps.  I stopped twice to make sure Boom boom had water and was hydrated.  I finished about 10 lbs lighter :)  


Saturday: 
Football equipment check in and race day!  See Sunday's paragraph.




Sunday:  Race day!  Two days of racing.  I am exhausted and I am sure he is too.  I have a lot to say about the weekend, like lots, but I will keep it short and simple.  I am not happy with several of my fellow parents, but they aren't going to change and it is probably going to get way worse before it gets better.  I have never wanted to quit a volunteer job more than now.  It has never been this bad in the three years we have raced.  Andrew had some great starts, raced hard, and lead some laps this weekend and to that I am very proud.  He played hard both inside and outside, made some new friends, and learned some things. Again, I could probably write a whole post but I will just be like Elsa and try to "Let it go".  

What I did:

Monday: 3 easy miles

Tuesday: 5 miles easy

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: 4 miles

Friday: 9 miles

Saturday: Rest/Race car racing

Sunday: Rest/Race car racing

We have a sort of cut back week this week which is nice since temps will be back in the 100s with horrible humidity.  We have speed work added in, probably will do some fartleks for that.  Have a great week y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment