Sunday, November 14, 2021

Fall running! YES!

 Hey Y'all!


Still not running super regularly but getting a few runs in a week. I love this pic that Lindsey got of us before our 10K last weekend, even if I look like I just woke up!  Doing a race really motivated me to get out there and train and maybe do a few more races this fall/winter.  Clinton lake is so beautiful this time a year and there are no bugs or snakes right now so BONUS.


This week has seriously made me want to loose my mind on so many levels.  First, we had business analysts at the shop all week. It's kind of hard to give someone 8 hours of my attention when I have 12 hours of work to do.  Many light nights occurred and many early mornings.  I know it will help us in the long run, even if it means paying a chunk of money to the analysts that we do make.  As we continue to grow, we need to focus on working capital, incentives for workers, and building out management and crews.  It's all very exciting but very scary at the same time.


Second, Andrew started puking up his meds again.  We made it three days on the liquid before the puking started.  Sigh. I kind of had a little breakdown and honestly said some not so nice things, but I am so frustrated right now with both my child's body and my child's doctor. I told him this would happen and he didn't listen and I wasted $115 bucks on a liquid that now I can't do anything with.  He prescribed the patch finally and we got two days of it in our system.  So far we haven't seen the effects we had hoped for, but still working on placement and timing.  The patch has to go on 2 hours before school starts which means a 6 am wake up call for me.  Thank goodness I am a runner and use to early mornings and thank goodness he is a super heavy sleeper.  



Third, we completed our practice 5K.  We have two very full teams of girls this year and we had a ton of running buddies show up for the practice which is always exciting.  We ran down to the sports complex bathrooms and back to the school, which meant several massive hills the girls had to tackle.  Most if not all girls were done in under 40 minutes with some taking a little longer, but even the mainly walkers were done in less than a hour.  I am so excited to start on the community project and see what the girls are thinking of accomplishing.


Fourth.  I did get a few runs in with the dogs.  They kind of suffer during GOTR season since I can't really bring them in the school so they can run with me and girls and it's just cumbersome anyway since we run on sidewalks.  They got to run with me on the weekend and fall running is the absolute best.  Still no eagles but keeping my fingers crossed it will be soon!



Lastly, we had our TKQMA banquet last night. I am not going to lie and say this season was amazing for little red because well frankly it wasn't.  This was his last year in the Junior classes and we had hoped it would be a break out year for him.  Lots of early season wrecks and Covid  derailed us very quickly for any hopes of a good points finish.  We had tons of good practices, learned a ton as a team, but dealt with several big wrecks and a whole lot of club drama which lead to me having many, many sleepless nights.  While I have enjoyed my board positions and being useful,  I have really lost respect for many people in our club.  The really bad thing is that I have another year in my term of secretary and while treasurer is being broken off from my duties, I fear this upcoming year won't be much better as we battle over new by laws, voting out members that have been members for years and basically built our track, and various other issues that have been issues for years but suddenly are tantamount for this board and president to deal with.  I am exhausted by it all and very glad to be done with the actual season, but now the real work happens as we build a new schedule for the upcoming year and get a budget put together based on some good firm numbers thanks to our new accounting system.    Say a little prayer for me as I am going to need it.  I use to love race day and love being with my friends, but now honestly I could walk away and never look back and that makes me so very sad.  


Trying to live by this right now and rise above.  



Have a great week y'all!  There was a new race just announced for our area in April and it has a 50K so maybe, just maybe we might have found a spring race to try?





No comments:

Post a Comment