Sunday, November 28, 2021

Thanksgiving week 2021

 Highlights from the week:

My brand new shoes that are now grey thanks to the gravel dust

No school all week means no Girls on the Run.  Time for my banged up shin to heal maybe since I won't be on any hard surfaces?  My body is adjusting to my new shoes now and things are getting much better.  Not having heel slipping, but having some pain in my heel area and my outside tendons are a little tight.  Nothing horrible just odd. Shin felt much much better, even after back to back runs on the previous weekend.  Pubic bones were pretty sore post Sunday's run, but quickly seemed to get figured back out because by the next day, no soreness at all.  



There was a cold/stomach bug combo going around Andrew's school that was pretty nasty with high fevers, congestion, and lots of puking.  Andrew seemed to get it on Monday night/early Tuesday morning with an upset stomach, puking, and lots of congestion, and I knew it was a matter of time before the rest of the house got it.  No wrestling Tuesday night, which resulted in him feeling much better Wednesday.  Wednesday night I started with a headache that wouldn't go away no matter what and ended up in me puking my guts up and sitting up all night in pain.  Rockin Robin was hosting Thanksgiving at her house, but she had started throwing up the day before and wasn't getting much better either.  We decided it would be better to stay apart and all get better.  We didn't have a turkey at the house however, Tony was going to fix chicken and dressing and several sides for our gathering, and had ordered two pies from The Friendship house for dessert, so we had plenty of food.  


This was half of it. I wish I was a tenth of the cook my hubby is!

While we missed dining with our friends, we had fun watching the Macy's parade and eating ourselves silly and playing board games.  I have never been a fan of leftovers, but chicken and dressing and giblet gravy for a few days is amazing.  



A little Deuce update.  The ear is healing nicely.  He still doesn't really want to eat dog food, but will readily eat anything other than dog food, go figure.  He is having some loose stool thanks to his not wanting to eat dog food and that is causing some issues with his back end, specifically his butt, but I am shaving and cutting and trying to get his butt hair under control.  Having aussies and their fabulous pants is not for the faint of heart.  He is also drinking lots and lots of water causing lots and lots of peeing.  I hope it's the meds he is on and not a new thing.  He is up running around and looks to be in good spirits, but he still gets confused some times and forgets he can get up and move around and has little panic attacks.  



Got my PDF for the Joy to the Run Program through Another Mother Runner.  Was kind of bummed that the running days did not match up with my current schedule.  It's also only 3 days a week and I am trying to get back to 4, with the schedule having running on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday.  Sigh.  I do like the work outs including speed work and yoga, and the fact that I will be forced to do strength training, something I love but just get out of the habit of doing very, very quickly when we have stuff going on at night.  My weights are right next to my desk at work and they look at me mockingly every day, especially the brand new kettle bell I just bought right before I fell off of the weight training wagon.  Hoping this change in routine will help me get back to where I need to be with cross training and strength.  Now if I could just get Santa to slip a Peleton in my stocking.  



I will end this week with some pictures of our little local pumpkin patch that has morphed into a Christmas tree farm/fun place.  I am so glad they came up with this concept and incorporated many of their pumpkin patch fun things into the Christmas experience.  We had spiced wine, smores, peppermint hot chocolate, and lots of fun plus we got our tree so no Charlie brown tree this year!













Have a great week y'all!  Hope your Thanksgiving was a peaceful and enjoyable day!




No comments:

Post a Comment