Sunday, December 5, 2021

Week 1 Joy to the Run

Joy to the Run through Another Mother Runner started this week.  While I am going to have to modify it to fit my running schedule of Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday/Sunday, I think it will work and will be super fun!  


Monday:  Last Girls on the Run practice.  I am at the part of the year where I already ready for a break from coaching till track club in the spring, but also super sad to not be at the school in these kiddo's lives for the rest of the year.  I know with over 20 girls and two teams that we will have repeat girls next year, but we are loosing 9 girls to middle school next year :(  Glad we have a program now in the middle school so these girls can still run and have fun together. 



Tuesday:  Spent the afternoon/night at the vet clinic with Deuce.  He was still having issues with guzzling water and accidents and I was worried that he might have a UTI or something worse.  I was suppose to run, but after getting out from doing test after test after test and not finding anything wrong (good problem to have) I just wanted to eat and go to bed.  Go figure, that very night he only had one accident versus the 4-6 he was having.  We now have a great baseline for senior bloodwork, so I am happy about that, but I am sure the bill is going to be a wee bit high.  



Wednesday: Sugar Plum Yoga + run.  Since I didn't get my run in on Tuesday, I decided a quick run and then yoga.  Let me just say I am not a fan of yoga.  Never have been even with amazing teachers.  I think I just am not good at sitting with my own thoughts.  I seriously was counting down the minutes till we were done and it was only a 35 minute program.  I am not saying it wasn't good for me, it was amazing. I just didn't do very well sitting there and waiting and trying to relax.  I was also pretty sore and stiff afterwards, meaning I really needed to be doing yoga.  Now to just get my brain to deal.  Many if not most  of the positions while super simple, I couldn't even half way attempt, but it is what it is.  



Thursday:  Hot Buns run.  This run was very fun, but oh my, I was super sore a day later.  The premise was you were to run for 10 minutes then stop and do 10 air squats, 10 rear lunges, and 10 jumping jacks with a repeat every 10 minutes for up to 50 minutes.  My dogs thought I had lost my mind every time I stopped and started attacking each other.  Only my dogs.  We ended with a little more than 4 miles.



Friday:  This was suppose to be pick a present day of either strength or cross train, but I made it rest day since I needed to run Saturday and Sunday.  I will catch strength or cross next week on Monday.  I worked late and joined the boys at the winery for a cookie decorating class by our local cookie maker.  She is an amazing teacher and we all really enjoyed learning the techniques she uses to make her amazing cookies.  Also being at the winery we could have a glass of wine while we decorated which made decorating so much more fun.  The boys decorated while I watched.  


Saturday:  SPIBelt Saturday long run day.  I am slowly building back up to 10  miles on the weekend, so since I did 7 last weekend, 8 it was.  I am always on the look out for my eagles, and while we didn't see any, we did see lots of snow geese flying at least.  I am thinking thanks to the warmer weather, it may be a while before I see my eagles.  


After my long run we had the Girls on the Run 5k.  Most if not all of my girls rocked their practice 5K, so I knew they would be fine as long as they didn't get caught up in the excitement and go out too fast.  I am so super proud of all of them for working hard all season and giving their all at the race.  I think many of the girls were super surprised at how well they did.  As always I was sad to see the season end, but ready to have my two days a week back so I can just work my butt off at Coleman Electric.


Later we headed to Holton to hang out with the Beckers.  We sponsor their kid's dirt race car and we just love hanging out with them.  Their super cute little town has a Christmas parade AND they have a local brewery, Wilcott Brewery that I had been dying to try.  Wilcott had a nice spiced ale along with a food truck that had a variety smoked meats.   We had fun learning about Holton and how it was built in a big town square, but next time since the space is so small in the tasting room, we need some music free time for future visits so we can talk without yelling.  



Sunday:  Rest day or run day. Since I am still trying to get back to 4 days a week running I opted to run since I took a rest day Friday night.  I just did a quick 5K since I had a million and one things to do.  I needed to clean house, do laundry, finish getting leaves raked up, get the Christmas tree decorated, and do work.  We also wanted to go to another local sip and shop, this time in Manhattan.   Once I got my anxiety brain a little calmed down, I started tackling the day and got most everything except the Christmas decorations out. We also opted out from the sip and shop when my running partner called and let us know it was very packed.  While I am vaccinated, I am not boosted, and Andrew is still waiting to get his shot.   We decided to have a super late lunch of pizza at Old Chicago along with some good beer.  Since we went later, it was practically empty and I had some yummy Breckenridge Christmas Ale, one of my favorites.  


Week one ish done!  Having to modify but having fun.  Looks like winter is officially arriving this week, which is fine by me since i am getting creeped out wearing shorts and t shirts during my runs.  Have a great week y'all!














No comments:

Post a Comment