Sunday, December 12, 2021

Week 2 Joy to the Run

 Another week of fun work outs and amazing sunsets.  Enjoy!



Monday:  A run was on the calendar, but I did strength instead.  I need a place for my elliptical and then I could include it as cross training.  I guess I just need a bigger house LOL!  The strength training was very simple on the surface, you started with 12 of a movement and then 11, then 10, then so on and so on.  I should have just watched the video, noted the exercises, and then done them at my own pace, lesson learned.  You do two rounds of the 12-1 and the exercise included lunges, burpees, squats, and planks. It was a very effective yet short work out with all exercises body weight only.  I just couldn't seem to keep up with the pace and also keep good form.  



Tuesday: Snowman Run.  Okay y'all I was dreading this work out because a) it's speedwork b) I haven't done speedwork in forever, and I had NO clue what speeds I could even accomplish with easy, easy +, medium, and hard.  Hard is easy, just sprint, but the others, eh, not sure.  I started out with my warm up and then stayed at that same pace for easy (11:30-12:00).  Easy + I tried to stay under 11:30 as best I could so more around 11:15-11:00.  Medium I tried to do under 11 so more around 10:30 and then when hard hit I tried to put the hammer down and go below 10:30, more around 9:30.  Each set was a snowman built and I built 4 snowmen.  I will sheephisly say this was fun and I wouldn't mind incorporating this back into my training plan for good.  I took Boom only and he had so much fun sprinting.  


Wednesday:  Yoga.  This time my yoga went much better because I knew what to expect.  Again, I was like the tin man with no oil, but I did feel like I could get a tiny bit more into poses.  I had Andrew take the above picture. I can't ever do anything without both of the dogs being a part of it.  Boom was licking my bare feet and stella kept chewing the plastic milk bottle right in the way of my arms or face.  They make relaxation challenging at best.  I almost didn't post this picture since I was in my pjs and ready for bed and in the bedroom where the floor isn't finished (and has been that way for five years now because who has time to put a floor down).  I posted on the AMR page and WON a prize package!!!!!



Thursday:  Rest day.  Chiro day.  Not on the plan to rest but after having some serious painful work on my shin, she suggested 24 hours of rest and she was right.  



Friday: Hot buns run.  Did this run last week and Stella and boom tried to kill each other meaning Stella got to stay home this run.  Boom was still a little bewildered every time I stopped to do my exercises and kind of had a mortified look on his face.   Don't be so judgy Mr. Boom.   Pretty sure that is a smile on his face post run.


Saturday: Fa LA  long run.  I am trying to build back to 10 miles as my long run on the weekend so last week was 8 meaning this week was 9.  It was a beautiful crisp, cold day.  The dogs loved every minute of it and while I was not 100 percent and kind of felt dehydrated the whole run, we got er done.  Probably need to get back to wearing my vest and carrying at least one bottle of something to sip on. 


Sunday:  I had options but to either get my fourth run in for the week OR do strength training.  After a long night with very little good sleep, I chose a strength session over a run.  This time instead of watching the video and trying to do the moves with the host, I got the run down on paper and went at my own pace.  Much better for me to keep good form and not be straining my neck and guessing what rep we are on.  


Have a great week y'all!  I am getting back to 4 runs next week no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment