Monday, November 1, 2021

The In Between until I figure out what the heck I am doing!

This is kind of a runfession post.  Even though I don't take part in the blog post groups, I do love the prompts they use for certain times of the month.  

Love my girls!  We did sprint intervals that day and they rocked it!

I will runfess while I am just taking my time coming back to any kind of schedule, I am frustrated.  First of all my leg that I thought would heal by running low and slow and only 3-4 days a week is back to hurting.  While it isn't hurting like it was, it is starting to flare up which really makes me suspect my shoes....again.  Sigh. I am so tired of hunting for shoes that work for me and my wonky body.  I know part of me having issues is running with my girls on the sidewalks at school.  While we are only up to 2.5-3 miles, it's still a lot of ground and pound on a very hard surface.  My chiropractor (God bless her) is giving me SO many exercises to do that should help my wonky body in many ways, but I am just done with doing daily stuff every single day for the rest of my life just so I can run.  Makes me want to just give up and find another sport that doesn't require so much maintenance just to do but heck, I LOVE running even if it tears my body up.  I need it mentally and lately without a regular running schedule my brain and body have been all over the place and not settled.  


picture from the alphadog ultrasign up page.  Doesn't that look glorious?

I runfess it's hard to find a race that I really, really want to do in the spring.  One of my most favorite series of races is banning canine pacers so they will not be getting any of my money anymore.  I have observed at most if not all of the races that I do that allow dogs that the people that race with their dogs are some of the most conscious runners because we won't want the right taken away from us. Part of me is very curious to know the why but part of me is like bye Felica.  There are a couple of races that are catching my eye, but not making me want to sign up just yet.  There is a 40 miler that has a very awesome RD that would take good care of me and Rockin Robin could do the 25K and be with me for some of the run.  It's a mix of pavement, dirt, and gravel roads with the majority of the race being run on 13.1 mile loops.  It does have a cut off of 12 hours which is probably doable even for me since it isn't technical trail.  I would need to start training in December and that would give me all November to base build.  Then there is also Lake McMurty in April.  It's a 50K on single track trail and it comes highly recommended.  The race is part of the Outlaw series and I know those RDs take great care of their runners.  We could start training a little later into the winter and we could use our couch to 50K plan that we have loved the last few training cycles.  Decisions decisions.  



Lastly, I runfess it's been super hard to leave Stella behind now that the weather is cool and crisp.  She seems fine running, even did an 8 miler this weekend, but I still worry as she gets closer and closer to 11. It was easy to not take her when it was hot and icky out as she doesn't handle the heat well anymore, but now telling her no has been super hard.  I would like to keep her on at least 3 runs a week and no long runs or maybe do shorter loops with my long runs so she can do part of my long runs with me.  I also would really like to take her on the Sander's Saunter 10K in a couple of weeks as she is my main racing single track trail dog.  I am not sure if Boom is truly ready for single track technical trail or maybe I am just being a wuss and enjoying my girl that reads my mind for one more run.  


Happy Halloween Y'all!  Spongebob says BHAAHAHAHAHA.  



Last runfession even if it isn't running related. I am kind of happy that Halloween was on a weekend night this year.  Our downtown did it's trick or treating on friday night so Halloween night was about real trick or treating finally!  I HATE waiting in long lines to get one piece of candy and then waiting some more.  Yes, it is safer for the kids but not what I grew up doing at all!


Andrew had been on a Michael Myers kick lately and he couldn't wear that type of costume to school so he had kind of given up on the idea.  He and Tony had gone looking for anything MM the day before when I was doing my long run and found a mask that Andrew tried to glue felt hair on.   I put a call out on Facebook and in a few hours we had jumpsuit that fit him and found him a wig/fake knife at the mall.  His costume turned out to be a big hit amongst adults, but most kids had no clue.  


We had tons of trick or treaters this year with me going through four big bags of candy!!!!!  It was nice this year to see Halloween be like it was when I was a kid, house to house, please and thank you, walk till you are exhausted!  We finished off the night with some classic horror movies, Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween.

Have a great week y'all!









No comments:

Post a Comment