Monday, May 9, 2022

A return to running

FINALLY!  A week with some running!  Although I think boating might be a better sport with all of the rain we have had lately.  I am kind of getting sick of this constant gloom.  Here is how it all played out.



Finally got a haircut.  Why is it every time they cut his hair short he looks so dang grown up?


The day before her barkday, Stella got the surgery to remove the angry gland from her upper eye lid.  When I drove up to the clinic to pick her up she was already barking her head off.  I had brought one of those cloth cones to put on her and as soon as we got it on, she FREAKED OUT!  The vet thought maybe it was because she couldn't see us anymore.  We quickly got her out of the cone and back into a short plastic cone.  In the process she ripped open one of her toe nails and it was bleeding everywhere.  We got that stopped bleeding and got her home where I quickly gave her some CBD to try and get her to chill.  She ate dinner in small increments, peed several times, and overall had a good night. Not sure how 10-14 days in a cone is going to go, but we are here and we are ready.  


And then we celebrated her 11th barkday the next day.  I am not ready to see her age, but it's here and I am struggling.  She has recently started having what we think are loss of sight issues and that scares the hell out of me as we can't fix that.  She doesn't bark at me but she looks at me like she doesn't recognize me.  Like hey, i know your smell but I can't see your face.  I have had several dogs loose their hearing, but never their eye sight, so this is new one for me.  


I ran three times this week, a 3, a 4.7 because my running route is all screwed up, and a 6.  I had planned on getting up early for mother's day to run but that just didn't happen and that is okay.  Sometimes you just need extra sleep and it's almost time for me to start getting up at 4 am again to go run, so I will take any extra sleep.  I had encounters with skunks twice on my route which means I think they have a den right next to the road.  Sigh.  I was unable to pass both times since they were so close and I didn't want to tempt fate, plus they were out in daylight which kind of scares me since they are usually nocturnal.  I saw two different skunks on my runs, so maybe the mom and dad?  One was predominantly white and the other was more black with a little bit of white.
  


We started Mother's day off early with a trip to Manhattan Running Company for new shoes and socks and goodrs and a trip to the Wagyu beef store to pick up steaks.  They had sliders as samples  and Andrew LOVED them and ate all three samples.  Hubby had also picked up a cake from Bourbon and Baker.



It was very good other than the fact that it was full of raspberry seeds, which made it very oddly crunchy.  The steaks were melt in your mouth amazing.  If you haven't had wagyu yet, you need to try it!


Sunday was all about celebrating with a group of amazing women who are in my life right now for a reason and that reason is to lift me up. I made some posts on a few of their walls about what they mean to me and then met them in Topeka at The Happy Bassett barrel house for brunch, beers, and bingo. I had never played bingo before, so that was a whole new experience for me!


One of the many amazing beers I had that day.  


Stella wanted to get started in bingo immediately.  I told her we had to listen to the rules first!


It really was the perfect mother's day.  We just chilled, had great food and drink, and talked.  Our kids played nicely and left us alone for the most part, and Stella was mostly a little angel.  After the bar we headed over to one of the ladies houses for more beer and steak and nerf gun wars for the kids.  I will take a million of these days with friends over presents :)



Hope you had a great week!  We are heading into humidity and high heat already, pray for this #teamwinter girl!















No comments:

Post a Comment