Monday, May 30, 2022

Struggle bus

I know I wrote about it in my last post, but dang it, still having issues with my new shoes.  I am having significant pain in my calves and Achilles at the start of the week running in them and then as the week goes by it gets a little better each run.  I hate to give up on a 160 dollar pair of shoes, but I am not sure what else to do.  I am also not sure what shoe to try next. I  feel like I have tried all of them.  My favorites continue to be my Altras, but I just couldn't handle the 0 drop and the pains that they caused.  I am such a weirdo when it comes to shoes!!!!!  I need something with a big wide toe box, neutral, and a 5-10 mm drop.  Sigh.  Any suggestions?



It's been a long week of school ending (FINALLY) and baseball + racing stuff.  Andrew had his state diorama presentation and end of school.  I picked him up on Wednesday thinking he would be super duper excited to have his summer begin and instead he was absolutely beside himself with tears that he wouldn't be seeing his teacher again.  Apparently he wasn't the only one in the class to be distraught, but I seriously didn't know what to do with him as he sobbed hysterically on our drive home.  Just the week before he was all about I HATE SCHOOL, so to see that shift was a little weird and kind of funny.  I just hugged him and told him that he would see her in the hallway and that even though she was to be married and change her last name, she still would be the same person.   


This shot came up on my memories.  11 years ago this week I ran my first 5K.  I was SUPER nervous before this race and had on cotton upon cotton upon cotton.  The shoes I was wearing I had bought because they were cute and the yoga pants because they were comfortable.  The race went through the campgrounds at Tuttle creek and I still remember the smell of bacon and campfires as people were waking up and cheering us on.  That was the day that I had a lady tell me "real runners run a 5K in less than 30 minutes".  Challenge accepted and then some lady!



I did get 4 short runs in this week.  I am still not getting up early, meaning my runs are usually hot leading to shorter mileage.  I am still trying to acclimate Boom and I.  I was going to do a long run, but ran out of time and had to cut it short in order to get to my massage on Saturday.  Again, since I am not training for anything yet, not too terribly worried about it.  We had a TON of rain last week and the newly planted corn was underwater in some spots.  


Was having some pretty significant knee pain on my right knee.  From experience I know that pain in the knee is usually but not always pain somewhere else.  I had been stretching and trying to figure out what was going on, but not getting anywhere.  I had just gone to every other week for my chiro, so had to suffer a bit before I got in with Dr. Kelli.  With the help of her adjustment and fascia blasting and then Melissa my massage therapists cupping and deep tissue massage, I felt 1000 times better.  I just look like a giant octopus grabbed me with his tentacles.  Plus, she did one big one on my neck which looks like a giant hickey, but my tight neck and shoulders feel so much better now.  


I wasn't sure how this summer would go with Andrew being old enough to want to stay by himself at the house some.  We have a one week STEM camp planned and several 1 and 2 day sports camps planned, but that is about it.  I may have to take off some afternoons to take him to the pool as I am not comfortable with him walking by himself and or swimming by himself yet.  It could be worse I guess :)


We already had an impromptu meeting up at the coffee shop for Uno and mom time, so hoping to do more stuff like this.  


We also spent Sunday in Topeka.  No races meant we could go play BINGO!  We are calling it Bingo with Bitches and inviting any and all track moms to come play on off weekends.  Andrew won a card on any 12 numbers and picked out a jump rope, why I have no clue when they had fuzzy corgi socks as a prize.  After Bingo we headed to the track to help with the rest of the new wall set up since we had not had time to go over at night any this week.  After a little bit of work (most of the work was done before we got there) we had some beers with friends and then headed over to eat dinner together.  We are all planning a trip to a track this summer, maybe Minnesota so we can do more than just race.  



Have a great week y'all!  I am NOT looking forward to morning runs, but with 4 baseball games this week and lots of rain in the forecast as of typing this, I may not have a choice.   














No comments:

Post a Comment