Sunday, February 12, 2023

A new Beginning?


I have a much clearer head this week thanks to some better sleep.  It's amazing what sleep can do for you.  I also have an appointment for the end of the week to see my GP for  my yearly physical/fun and to talk about what she can do to help me drug wise right now to get me through this. I am still waking up with some pretty significant anxiety and I have had to work from home the last week or so at least in the mornings to get it under control.  I need that to stop. I need to function from sun up till sun down (and then sleep).  



I had job interview number 2 on Tuesday and this one was in person.  I truly loved the facility and people and what they do.  My little lab rat heart skipped a beat looking at the fancy equipment and shiny lab toys.   I do feel like I would be a perfect fit for the team and living in Wamego makes me a very attractive to the team since most of them live in Manhattan and commute over.   I got the call on Thursday that I had the job with a very good offer attached. I had to say yes!  To be able to finally make close to what I should with two degrees and to actually be able to put money away for savings and pay more of the household bills so that Tony can keep all of his money in the business makes me feel so amazing.  Now to just make it a few weeks working at both places so I can keep a paycheck going LOL!  There will be a transition.  I would like to step fully away at some point for my sanity and for the sake of my marriage but I don't want to leave Tony in a lurch.  Payroll, QuickBooks, invoicing, and paying bills are all fairly easy and things I can do behind the scenes.  Deposits, checking mail, and answering phones during the day and scheduling will have to be taken over by others.  I of course will have to forfeit my new pilates class, move my chiro appointments to lunch time, and probably forgo my therapy sessions for now until I can see what might work. I don't want to do appointments at night because I run at night, and honestly running is the only thing keeping me sane.



I did run this week hitting a 5 miler, a 4 miler, a 15 miler, and a 4 miler, which is less miles than what I needed to do by 2, but also the best I could do.  It's so nice to run in the light for a bit post work.  I will probably continue to run post work versus getting up super early.  I am still not decided about running the actual race.  Again, I don't want to make any decisions about NOT running yet, but mentally I don't know if I will be 100 percent and you need to be to run for 12 hours.  Plus, Boom has been having a little hitch in his gait here and there. I think it is because he is much more sensitive to the rocks on the gravel road than Stella ever was or at least that is what i hope it is since it comes and goes and they just re rocked our gravel.  Stella even got to finish out our 15 miler with me because he was getting gimpy and she ROCKED it out!  


Towards the end of the week I had my yearly physical and met my new doctor that will be doing my yearly exams.  Let's just say I LOVE her.  My last NP was nice, but she was very condescending about my weight, my athletic activities, and my child.  It got to the point where when I hit my 3 years for having so many normal paps that I didn't come back for 3 years, even foregoing my yearly mamos.  I know I have gained weight and it's not good.  I know that I need to work on my health.  I am hoping now that I will be in a different stress that maybe I can re focus on my health.  Get back to doing the things I know are good for me and stop the things that are bad.  We also had a great discussion about mental health and sleep and she prescribed a newer med that is for sleep, but also helps with anxiety.  I am hoping that helps me get back to a more normal sleep schedule.

  


Y'all, keep me in your prayers for next week to be a smooth transition as I start my new job.  I know that my hubby will struggle getting back to doing things he originally did when he started this company, but I have to let go for my own mental health.  I can't shoulder the burden of all of the worry about everything all the time including our kiddo, the household, and the business.  I need to get my self straight, get financially more sound, and then make my next move whatever that might be.  Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment