Sunday, February 19, 2023

A Running Pause...mostly


I love the guy that does the videos on FB that is a pre k teacher.  He always says "Pre-k Pause" to get his students to stop and listen.  I am going to have to say "Running Pause" because running is going to have to stop at least for my first week of working 2 jobs.  I still don't want to pull the plug on my race, but I am not sure again I am in the mental space to take on such a big distance.  While I need running to keep me sane, I also need every hour in my day to either work my primary job (MsBiotec) or my secondary job (Coleman Electric).  Right now I am getting up around 5-5:30 am, working for CE until I have to get ready to go to MSB before 8, and then coming home for lunch and working for CE, and then as soon as I get done at 4:30 pm, I am heading straight to the shop.  Y'all I am not lying, I am one very exhausted person that doesn't see an end to all of this in sight.  My mom is here now, which is a HUGE help, but she can't stay here forever. 



For those of you who don't follow me on Facebook on my personal page (which I think is pretty much all 5 of you who read my blog), here is a link to my new job!  I am part of an R and D team who is made up of all awesome scientists, both young and old.  I am so excited about what we are doing research wise and what we potentially might be doing in the future.  There are so many cool projects in the pipe line, but since it is a product that is commercially sold, I can't talk too much about it other than what is already out there.  In a nutshell, we manufacture and sell a product that is beneficial to cattle at times of stress, especially when they are transitioning into the feedlot and or the dairy life.  They have products available in a drench as well as a bolus.  Direct fed microbials is really the wave of the future as we try and get away from antibiotics and medications.  I am so excited to be a part of something very revolutionary for the cattle industry!



I did get a couple of short runs in on the weekend as I find my new normal.  I was able to get 6 with no pain on Saturday.  The eagles were out soaring and the weather was so amazing.  I had had some pretty bad pubic bone pain after my 15 miler and then run the next day, enough to scare me pretty badly.  Boom was also limping on and off last weekend, so I am sure the break was good for both of us.  While there is no way I could have run during the week as I try and feel out my new normal working both jobs, I was glad to get back to it this weekend with some glorious weather on tap that doesn't seem to be going anywhere.  I just did 3 the next day and still no pain!



Mom and I also did a ghost hunt in Wamego Saturday night.  We investigated 3 places, the Oz Winery, Toto's tacos, and the local mason lodge.  We had so much fun using different equipment and had a ton of activity at each place.  I also had my very first tarot card reading that was very inline with what is going on in my life.  I know everyone has their own opinion about these things, but we have fun doing them and learned a lot about the old buildings in our downtown area.  I am looking forward to leading a team of ghost hunters on an April 1st ghost hunt in downtown as a fundraiser for our local theater and possibly looking into maybe forming a group of like minded ghost hunters in Wamego.  



We ended the weekend staying outside coat free!  It was an amazing weekend to be outside and we hit up the zoo, had ice cream at baskin robbins, and then went to the brewery to have a couple of beers and ran into some of my post BNI friends.  Perfect end to a long but good week. Looking forward to a little more settling, hopefully back to some sort of a running routine, and some good experiments.  


Have a great week y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment