Sunday, February 26, 2023

The End


I finally did it.  After two days of working hard for 8 hours at my normal job and then coming home and putting 3-4 more hours in at Coleman Electric, I  emailed the race director to see if I can defer till next year.  It was a huge weight lifted off of my chest immediately that i can run when I want to and how I want to and not have to worry about a race to train for.  As of writing this I have yet to hear back but at least I have put that intention out into the world.  I am out of spoons.  Totally out.  I am not sure how to get some spoons back.  



I got three runs in for the week as I had to work OT at job number 1 and we had a mini ice storm Friday night when I was going to get my fourth run in.  I am over winter now.  I love running in cold but ice, nope.  I was able to get a 4, a 7, and a 3 in.  That is as good as it's going to get for now and that is what it is.  I did start having some odd knee pain on my seven miler.  To be continued.  It was nothing like I had ever had pain wise and it went away after about a quarter of a mile, but hurt so badly that i thought I was going to have to have Tony come pick me up.  



I want to talk about my new job.  How much I love it. How I feel like I am home.  How I am worried about all of the turn over, but have been reassured that it's normal in the tech industry.  We have a good team.  We all have kids and we all take care of each other.  I love that.  I desperately want it to be my only job, but I am not sure how we are going to accomplish that.  I had hoped our new accountant could pick up the slack, but that hasn't been a viable option.  We could hire a book keeper but at what cost?  I am certainly cheaper than the other options, but what is the cost of my sanity?  Working 12 hour days is not in my constitution.  Well it use to be when I was much younger and didn't have a kid.  I am becoming resentful that I work from 5 am till 9 pm every night plus both weekend days.  I know it will get better some day, but it isn't right now and I am kind of mad about it.  I need to suck it up or walk away.  Neither are good options.  



Have a great week y'all!  Say a little prayer that we can figure out this job situation and I can be a happy camper again and just enjoy my one job.  I mean, at least I am getting two paychecks right?  Not all bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment