Tuesday, November 27, 2018

November Runfessions

I have a lot on my mind right now, so heading to the runfessional to get some stuff off of my chest!

I really do have a problem when it comes to outwear and running. I have a huge collection of wind breakers and coats and I keep getting more :)
 I runfess that I tried the Mercury Mile box that everyone is raving about and I wasn't blown away.  Maybe I filled out my quiz wrong?  I was so excited to see what they would send me, and while I did get some nice stuff and will be keeping three items, I was kind of hoping that i would be like others I have heard raving about it and like everything.  Again, don't get me wrong, it was SUPER easy to send back the pieces I didn't like, so there is that.  My box had a new Craft running coat (much more substantial than my running jackets, so kind of excited, plus a new to me brand), an ear cover thingy from Asics that I really liked, a pair of capris from Ribbon (never heard of this brand?) that have POCKETS, a tank that did not fit and was super shear, shorts that had some compression to them but weren't my style, and a super cute tech T.  I am keeping the coat, the ear cover, and capris.

I like the fact that this ear cover does NOT have fleece yet is seems to be very warm
I kind of wanted to keep the tech T, BUT it wasn't anything super special, and I have a closet full of tech Ts.  DO I need new running clothes?  Well....not really.  But it was fun to try this new service, and I would like to try it again at some point.  I do really like the fact that it is NOT a subscription service, so I can get a box whenever and am not locked in to a time period.


I runfess that I think my Torrents may not be my dream shoe.  Let me explain.  This always happens to me, I swear.  I try a shoe and it feels wonderful at the store.  Then I run in them and again they feel wonderful for about 2 weeks.  Then BOOM, my body adjusts or whatever and then the aches and pains start.  Y'all, I freaking LOVE this shoe.  I can't explain it because they hurt my arch and sometimes my big toes for some weird reason, but they are so awesome on the trails.  I only paid about 100 bucks for them, which is a steal for running shoes, so I am going to try to make them work for trails for now by putting some insoles in them. I think I will get either some more Bondis for the road or potentially some Stinsons or some Challengers that should work on road or trail.  The search continues......

I runfess that i am kind of sad.  While Andrew is having an amazing school year, more people are noticing his lack of focus.  He even told his teacher who he dearly loves, that some days he just can't focus.  The school is rallying and trying to find ways to help him, but again the push is to have him tested for other things, namely ADHD or ADD.  I am at the point where I just want my kiddo to be successful and happy at school.  He is on grade level in all subjects and LOVES his teacher, so I want to meet her half way and do whatever we can do to help her out.  Just like his kindergarten teacher, she is really trying all the tricks to help him.  I am really, really hoping that medication does not have to enter this picture, but I runfess that I am scared as hell that it may. 

And there you have it, my runfessions for the month! See ya next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment