Saturday, January 8, 2022

2021 Crunching the numbers

I haven't had time to sit down and get this done so it's a little late.  I usually love writing these type of blogs, but here lately my mojo for writing just hasn't been there. I love looking back every year, so I am making myself hammer this out for posterity. Enjoy :)


How many races in 2022?

We actually had live races again and I won't lie, it was pretty awesome to be back on courses with people again!!! Here is the list with recaps of each of the races I did in 2021.



Stella's last big ultra and Robin's first marathon and ultra marathon.

Prairie Spirit 50K


Stella and Boom both got running time and I got my first DNF of the season.

Flint Hill's 50 M


I got revenge out at Wilson Lake and boom got his first big trail race.

Hell Creek 20 M


I couldn't resist one last trail hawks race with Stella to end the year.

Sanders Saunter 10K


I didn't really "race" any of these races and my goal for each was to finish with a smile on my face.  While I didn't technically finish my 50 miler, I gave it the best I could and that is okay.  I really missed my racing friends and it was really awesome to see so many them in person again!  I am also glad to get Boom's first big race done and am ready to try him out on some technical trails this coming year.  


Total miles?



Garmin: 925.85.  I had to hand figure because again, I can't seem to find the magic button to just say how much I ran in 2021.



Strava: 931.6.  I think.  Every year I struggle to find what just my runs only are.  Not sure how to make this process easier. I seriously searched for a solid hour just trying to find runs only in 2021.  I even made the mistake when my year in sports reel came out believing I was much closer to 1000 than I really was because it was counting runs, walks, and bike rides.  Oh well.  I listened to my body this year, gave it rest when it needed it, and that is what counts.  


2021 Goals met?

Oddly enough I can't find where I made any goals last year.  Honestly, I listened to my body way more than I have EVER listened to it in the past, so I think that is always a goal and i get an A+.



2022 Races?

Right now all I am signed up for is the Flint Hills 50K, but I may do a half marathon or two in the spring. I am also considering the Sanders Saunter 50K as it is a late in the year race, BUT that is going to majorly depend on me being able to do the training I need to do to be ready.  With Andrew's racing and football, even this later season race may not work.  Sanders has some strict cut offs, so I would need major trail time to be ready.  


2022 Goals?

Since I didn't make any last year, I am back to making them this year.

Goal 1: At least one strength session a week.  I really like the very simple and quick AMR strength sessions and they fit in my life easily. I want to try to get two, but for sure 1 a week because one is better than none.

Goal 2:  I know I say this every year, but get my nutrition under control. I have now gained 35 lbs from where I want to be and I am miserable.  I am still trying to figure out what is going to work the best.  I feel for me portion control, some meal replacement, and increasing my protein intake are some things I can do and can continue to do for the rest of my life.

Goal 3: Continue to listen to my body. I am probably going to continue my once weekly or once every other week chiropractic appointments.  I am not going to run if I am having issues or pain.  I am going to get back to my rehab exercises and stay with them.  Right now I have a shoe that sort of works for me so I am going to buy every one they made.  Just kidding but not really.


That is my 2021 in a nutshell!  Hoping 2022 will get better, it's not starting out well as I type this.  I can't wait to do more races with Boom and get to know him better on technical trails.  Miss Stella isn't completely done running and racing so I am looking forward to doing some shorter races with her and some shorter runs with just her and I.  





No comments:

Post a Comment