Monday, February 28, 2022

Week 5: Training for the 0 Mile Flint Hills 50K

 Week 5 with only 7 weeks left till race day.  Wheeeeeeee!


I want to first say that I have really been struggling with some mental health lately and I have finally gotten in with a therapist in Manhattan. I am super excited to work with someone again and get some coping strategies to help with life stresses.  I know therapy doesn't cure all things, but having that mental clarity does help me immensely.  I am a huge advocate for de-stigmatizing mental health and if people can learn from my journey, I am all for sharing.   


I had two midweek runs of 3 miles each.  I guess you could call one a tempo run because we moved pretty speedily through the work out.  My second 3 miler was on the dreadmill and my first time back on the mill since sort of falling.  I felt unsteady the entire run and basically had a death grip on the front bar that takes your pulse.  I kept trying to let go and my body would feel like it was falling again and I would have to hold it again.   Oh well, hopefully there won't be many more dreadmill runs this winter.  


My long run wasn't truly long this weekend, as this is a cut back week.  I had planned on doing a few more miles, but after struggling to just get my 5, I called it good.  Not sure why I struggled so much as I got in bed at relatively a good time and didn't have any alcohol the night before.  The dogs loved it no matter what so I call it a win.  My race is 7 weeks away and I know the next few weekends are going to be upping the mileage significantly, which means I will take an easy weekend with a smile.  


I am going to end this short post with a few pics of my kiddo.  He is already wearing my shirts/sweatshirts and the same size shoes.  Time please slow down!  We are going to dip our toes back into baseball and of course racing is starting soon as well.  I am glad for a tiny slow down between wrestling and spring/summer sports though.  









No comments:

Post a Comment