Monday, July 25, 2022

It's not goodbye, it's see you later

This week was not a great week for running or for life in general.  I am working on another post, but we lost Deuce or I should say we said good bye and let him run free to the rainbow bridge.



We have been battling wounds and new symptoms and loads of medications around the clock.  I hated to give up if he had any chance at all, but when he woke up Thursday I knew the look in his eyes meant he was ready.  Our vet's office made a hard event so much easier and he went peacefully with all of us including the entire vet office loving on him.  Our whole family has been in mourning losing him, but we all know he is in a better place and pain free. He was such an amazing dog and I will do a post with pictures and more memories when I can stop crying so much.  We have now as a family lost Berry, Harley, Miller, and now Deuce.  Some days I think maybe it would be easier to just not own a pet at all because of the heartbreak that comes when they leave us.  I still feel very intense pain thinking of him and cry at the drop of a hat, but I know it will get better with time.  I have to say a huge thank you to everyone who sent me messages, texts, cards, and flowers.   The mean so much to all of us.



Running was horrible this week thanks to 100 plus temps without the heat index even added in.  Andrew had football camp all week in which we saw many kids suffer with heat related issues.  Andrew made it through just fine, probably because in racing he is in a triple layer fire suit and fire proof underclothing that is quite hot.  While there were issues that I am not happy about that the kids will have to settle themselves, overall he hustled, he wasn't last, and he tried his best.  That is all I ask for. 



I did get one bike ride in Sunday night post racing.  Two runs plus a long bike ride has to count for something right?


We also raced Sunday to mixed results.  Tony has been sick with a bad cold (not covid, we were both tested just in case) and I also was lucky enough to catch it as well.  Andrew has been spared thus far, but I am sure he will get it too at some point.  We all felt horrible (no fevers), but we didn't want to miss a race as we will miss some this fall thanks to Saturday races and football games not mixing.  He didn't finish last, but his times were exactly the same as last race, meaning we need to do some test and tune.  We just haven't had the time we had hoped we would have, and honestly, it's not going to get much better with fall sports starting.  He did try and pass and got into a wreck, but I don't blame him for that because the driver came down on him and he had the corner.  He was trying hard and that is all I care about, even if the results were not what we had hoped for.  We need for just slightly cooler weather and an extra hour a day, so we can test and tune and get that last .2 of a second we need to be with the front runners.  



Some other highlights of our week was a visit to the trampoline park to avoid the heat and a trip to the winery to listen to a friend's local band do 80s and 90s covers with a blue grass twist.  To be such a sad week there was a lot of happiness as well and we smiled through our tears.  



The dogs and I am looking forward to some cooler temps this week and more running if this cold allows.  Have a great week y'all!









No comments:

Post a Comment