Sunday, September 11, 2022

False fall?


This week was about recovery and taking it easy before i headed back into "training".  I put quotes around this because I really haven't followed a training plan, more just my gut and what I could get done in this summer of heat from hell.  



It's been a week with lots of sad events.  One of my friends lost her baby this week.  The queen of England passed away at 96.  We remembered 9/11. We were also yet again exposed to Covid as a close contact.  AND another runner was brutally murdered for no reason.  My heart was hurting most of the week for others and terrified we were once again going to come down with Covid.  Then on Friday with a full weekend of events planned, I fell in a parking lot.  One minute I was up and the next I was on ground.  Still not sure exactly what happened but I think my super flexible ankles gave out thanks to stepping on a rock and I was so off balance I went down.  I was very sore that night and sat in the chair with ice packs.  


None of us have developed symptoms thus far (writing this on Sunday morning), but we played it safe and skipped Huff and Puff, a local hot air balloon event we sponsor, and also a birthday/coming out party.  I have been told to live my life and not live it in fear, but the thought of getting someone else sick that can't handle Covid terrifies me.  


I was very lucky in that many people at the event got pictures and video!  That is our electrician Brian flying his balloon!  



I did get four runs in a 1.5, a 3, 3, and a 5.  While the temps are much nicer right now, the humidity is still kicking and kicking my butt when it comes to breathing.  Boom is also having some weird issues and I have him scheduled for an adjustment next week.  He isn't overtly limping but I see a change to his stride that I can't pin point.  I haven't found anything wrong per se, but I would rather his chiro go over every inch of him to be sure.   



We also had our first 5th grade football game.  This picture is blurry but it's one I am most proud of.  Andrew is going against their biggest guy and fighting with every inch of his body. This guy made one of our other kids cry.  For Andrew to be brave and go toe to toe with this kid is amazing.  The old Andrew would have been crying and sick to his stomach.  Not the new Andrew. I am loving the bravery and the confidence.  His team won 40-0 and they still have a lot to work on BUT I am hoping this is the start of a lot of people gaining confidence and playing as a team.  Andrew played most of the 2 and 3rd quarter and then was coming out the fourth when he had to go back in for his teammate.   



It's going to a be a super busy week with Girls on the run kicking off, a home football game, and a race.  Pray for us!



And say a little prayer for boom that we can figure out what is going on.  Now more than ever I need my partner out there with me running all of the miles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment