Monday, September 19, 2022

The doubles


We have reached the portion of summer/early fall I like to call double weekenders meaning football on Saturday and racing on Sunday.  Y'all, just say a prayer for us.  Honestly, I don't know how some of these parents do multiple kids and multiple sports because just one kid and multiple activities are driving me nuts.  Needless to say, as I type this up, I am very exhausted, send caffiene.



All the feels during football practices this week.  He's working hard, getting better, but still has a ways to go.  Thank GOD for great coaches who see the potential is there and aren't giving up on him.  



She sleeps the sleep of the dead most days.  Pretty sure she has lost all of her hearing at this point.  Some days she doesn't even stir when I come in, she is in that deep of slumber.  I am not ready for my best red girl to age this much, even though I knew it was coming.



Night runs it is thanks to hotter temps, lack of sleep, and football practices.  Nothing like good true crime podcasts to keep me scared to death while running.



Won our first fantasy football game.  Pretty sure I am getting way more into this than both of the boys.  Let's just say I am a wee bit competitive when it comes to, well, anything.


We weren't really looking for a new house BUT this one has a GIANT garage that we could run Coleman electric out of and have Coleman electric pay rent on.  Stay tuned, we are suppose to find out soon if we can run a business in this neighborhood.  If the answer is no, then we won't pursue because personally we can't afford a mortgage that high and we certainly don't need that many bedrooms, but if the answer is yes, well then.  One can dream right?


Someone got his first official chiropractic adjustment and was a HUGE baby about it.  Sigh.  Men and boy dogs can be huge drama queens.  He has the same issues as Stella with the SI joint, but other than that, we couldn't really find a glaring cause for his random limping other than a tiny tiny scab on one of his paw pads on his front right leg that looked mostly healed. Can you say big baby????
 


One of my friends takes old furniture and refinishes/paints into lovely pieces.  I loved what she did with this particular piece, so I bought it to put our shoes in to try and corral them from being all over my living room floor.  Turns out when I got it home, the shoes didn't really fit in there nicely, so I pivoted and made it a storage spot for my biking and running stuff.  


Then I took what I had been using as storage for my running gear and made it into an art storage for Andrew's art stuff.  I felt hugely productive as all of this stuff had lived on our dining room table and had to constantly be moved when we had big meals or played games on the table.  


Saturday was football.  We had a non conference game and we got our butts handed to us.  While it was hard to watch, I think it was very useful and our coaches and kids learned a lot about what we need to work on.  Last year we won every game except the last and then had a huge let down to end the season.  I am glad that we hopefully got that over with for the year. 



Racing also had lots of ups and downs.  We haven't practiced at all, Tony still needed to do tons of work on the cars, and Andrew is up and down with his confidence.  We had to have two heats in both of his classes, thanks to having over 8 cars in the senior classes.  I am focusing on the good as I always try to do.  He made SEVERAL passes, even if they passed him back.  He was faster than a couple of cars that he wouldn't pass, but progress is slow with him and I will take the passes he did do.  He was smart on his starts and was brave and didn't just give up positions without a fight.  We only have 3 more races, but I am so proud of how far he has come this year.  He even drove through a big wreck and came out ahead of several drivers that had previously passed him.  I call that a win!

Have a great week y'all!  I have heard a rumor that a major temp shift is coming and I can't wait!  















No comments:

Post a Comment