Sunday, October 30, 2022

GO CATS and GO VOLS!

What to say about this week.  Less drama but heck, still in disbelief on how people acted the weekend before.  This is my new motto, hold me to it.



It's hard.  I've always wanted to make sure that everyone knew I was doing the right thing.  Now I don't think I even care anymore becuase their version in their mind is the only true version to them.  I had therapy this week and we really worked on knowing your worth.  We both talked about this:


I'm not a napkin and I have to quit acting like one.  There were lots of tears, lots of discussion, and lots of promises of working on self worth.  I never thought I had self worth issues till all of this, but I guess part of self value is either the ability to stick up for your self or walk away with your head held high?  I have neither skills right now, go figure.  



I did get 4 runs in this week, 1 three miler, 1 four miler, a 10 miler, and another 3 miler with my Stella ella.  All of my runs felt like a struggle fest this week and I am not sure why.  I had trouble breathing all week and I am sure I am living in a state of dehydration as I haven't been drinking any water lately.  I also got one run with Miss Stella after a long lay off this summer. She does not handle the heat at all anymore (I feel ya) and i haven't had the right setting to run with her lately, so when Sunday rolled around and it was the perfect temperature, I took him with me.  We had a nice girls run together just taking it super easy for 3 miles in the industrial park where she could be behind me without the threat of cars.  With her not being able to hear at all now, I can only take her places where she can be loose and we don't have to worry about traffic coming up on us fast.  


I did have some rather interesting situations with customers this week which tested my customer service skills.  The customer is always right is a hard pill to swallow when you know they aren't.  We also have an electrician injured and out for an undetermined time and an CW that quit.  It's been a doozie to say the least.  


AND I am so proud of my GOTR girls.  They knocked their interval and HEART lesson out of the park. I am not lying when I say I am a little concerned about our practice 5K, not that they can't do the distance, but that they are getting in their own heads and there is a lot of walking going on.  I hope that the interval lesson and the successes they had will motivate them to try their hardest at the practice 5K.




And two things to wrap up.  Our hometown high school football team is in the playoffs and they had another convincing win.  They honored the Jr Red Raiders before the game for their amazing seasons.  




And we went to Manhattan to watch both KSU and UT win big time!  GO Cats and GO Vols!  And GO Manhattan brewing company for such great beers!



Have a great week y'all!










No comments:

Post a Comment