Sunday, November 13, 2022

Summer + Fall +Winter

 


Fall is here, but also winter shortly after.  The seasons are so confused lately.  We have summer days, fall days, and then winter days all in one week.



Andrew got to celebrate his team's victory with his teammates at school after a day off.  They seem to have lots of days off now a days, which makes  no sense to me, but is super fun for the kids.


Saw my first eagle of the year.  Too bad I haven't seen any on my running route yet.  This was across the street from the industrial park.  I have heard others say they have seen Frankie and Gracie on my running route, but I have yet to see them.  



We finally had our first practice 5K for our GOTR girls.  Originally the girl's basketball team was going to run with our girls, but they got delayed with practice running long.  They ended up driving our route, honking their horns and cheering us on as we ran.  Then they met us at the finish line and cheered every girl in till the last runner got there.  The girls LOVED it and this makes me further love the community I am in!  We are building a culture of empowerment of each other up from the youngest athletes to the high school kids, and it makes so many great memories for all of us.  


Wednesday night we went to Science on tap at the Manhattan brewing company.  We learned about the science of baking cookies and what happens when things go wrong.  We sampled different cookies that had different issues and had some great beers and even won a drawing for tickets to the zoo.


I did get 4 runs in for once in a long time.  I got three with my girls, 3 with boom boom, a longish run of 5 with boom boom and 6 with Melly and HRH Cersei.  I meant to get in a 10 miler, but I spent the weekend catching up on sleep and cleaning the house instead of long running.  I am not in the mood to do deep cleaning often because well 2 dogs, a hubby and a kid who can't pick up after themselves, and make huge messes just beat me down on the regular, so when I am in the mood, I have to go with it.  At some point I hope to have someone come in and do a big cleaning (I am hoping Santa brings me a house cleaner at least once a month), but I am not holding my breath.  I bagged up four bags of toys and clothes from Andrew's room, got my hubby to donate some stuff that had been sitting around for years in our bedroom, and cleaned two bathrooms with bleach and lots of elbow grease. I should have taken some before and after pictures!  It feels so good to do these things but like I said, I have to have that burst of energy and nothing else on the agenda (which is super rare).  


Our Junior Raider season is over with, but our High school Raiders are still going!  We almost froze as it was pretty dang cold Friday night, BUT they avenged a really bad loss last year against a really good team and moved onto Sub State for the first time since 1975. WOW!  I can wear lots of layers and Carharts to cheer on a team that is hungry for a state title any day.   


We also celebrated this woman.  I can't say enough about Stefanie and her family.  I am still devastated we lost her at such a young age (same age as me).  What am I comforted about is that everyone that told stories had stories similar to mine as she was such a giver, a lover of all.  I am sad that I couldn't get up and share my stories as I was very overwhelmed with emotion as others shared.  We all wore our KSU purple and had mimosas and breakfast foods as brunch was her favorite.  I am still very gutted by her loss and saddened for her wonderful family and not sure how to proceed.  We as wrestling families are planning on gathering gift cards for area food places but I wish I could do more.  



I am going to end with this.  This upcoming week is going to be full of uncomfortable meetings and kill em' with kindness shall be my motto.  


Have a wonderful week (and say a little prayer for me as my therapist keeps saying walk away, walk away:).  


No comments:

Post a Comment