Monday, March 20, 2023

Finally got it

I apologize for the funky alignment in my blog today.  I angered the blog format gods and now it won't go back to normal.  Enjoy :)



This week has been a little abnormal.  We had snow and ice, hot, cold, and crazy wind all in the same week.  Way to go Kansas.  I did get one run in before the snow and ice and then me being sick.  Let's just say 1) I am glad that i had built up one day of PTO so I still got paid to puke my guts up  2) Boom's been limping on a back foot only when he gets up from laying down, so time off will help since we can't find ANYTHING wrong with him.  3) I've been sad to not to get to spend any time with Andrew over spring break, so even a sick day is better than nothing right?


Pi Day run with my BRF


I missed the club meeting on Wednesday thanks to working two jobs. I don't want to have to resign, but at some point, people are going to get sick of me missing being a board member and the one to take notes/minutes.  At least the club meetings will be at the track coming up soon and I will have no excuse (other than football season).  Why do I feel guilty about all of these things? I also missed the parade and walking with the club handing out candy and flyers thanks to being sick.  Again, huge guilt fest, but just getting up and doing a few things made me feel dizzy and horrible again, so decorating for a parade in the freezing cold, waiting for over 4 hours to walk while getting lined up in the freezing cold, and then actually walking in the parade and freezing my butt off  probably wouldn't have been a good idea.  


scientist selfie with double glasses

I had hoped that by Sunday I would feel well enough to do some things like maybe a short run, take Andrew some where fun to end his spring break, or something other than be a slug and lay on the couch all day.  I woke up feeling much the same, congested, stomach not feeling right, and just out of it.  Add on major anxiety attacks about our small business and issues going on in life in general and I just felt like laying on the couch, not moving, and wallowing in some self pity.   I haven't been super sick or a super slug in a while, so I have tried to embrace it and make it positive by talking with my friends who always get me in a better mindset, watching more NCAA basketball (something I never slow down enough to actually do and my favorite sport to play growing up was most certainly basketball), and watching AKC national agility challengers round/finals round and cheering my old agility friends on.  



   


So many great memories brought up of years and years that I traveled and showed my dogs in the great sport of agility and competed at AKC nationals. I even have previous blogs devoted to training and showing miller and training and showing Deuce.  Such a big part of my history that I had to give up when I had my kiddo and while I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world and I don't have a current dog to train, I have been missing it mightily lately.  Maybe time to start planning that next puppy?

Let's end on some of my favorite things of the week since i am in such a funk shall we?


This kid.  That shirt was technically for me, but it conveniently didn't fit so he has to wear it.


Yuengling at our local favorite bar.  YUM!


My own charcoal in my boots with my initials on the charcoal bags at work.  I think that means maybe I get to stay :)  And yes, we wear steel toed boots at work, weird I know.  


Ignore my crazy hair, but snuggles with little red.  I debated about quarantining myself away from the family, but in the end I figured we are all going to get this virus and little red probably has had it already since he had a period of  something like this a week or so ago.  There is a new quiz game on Roblox he is really into so we played it several times and won.  Trivia is my jam!



Have a great week y'all!  I am looking forward to being back at work with my team, being back to some sort of running as the weather is going to be more spring like, and hopefully feeling more like my normal self.  I don't do sick well because I don't do lazy well, so here is to being back to normal!











No comments:

Post a Comment