Sunday, March 12, 2023

Lack of motivation...but here it is anyway

I am having trouble writing right now and being motivated to much of anything other than work and rest.  This would have been the week of my race that I decided was not a good idea to run even for fun or just for a long run.  The thought of getting up at 3 am and driving down to run 12 hours in the rain on mud and muck did not sound like a great idea at all and I am glad i made the decision ahead of time to not go.  The pictures of the runners looks like a lot of wet and cold people, which I don't think I could have mentally done as I am right now.  Hopefully in a few years when my life isn't so busy and Andrew isn't so active on weekends and nights (hahahaha) I can run races again and get that mojo back.  I have had lots of anxiety this week for some reason and it's been dragging me down.  I have gotten in three runs, but not near the mileage I wanted.  It was what I needed though and I will take it.  Here are some pictures from this week that made me smile.



The sky on Monday was so beautiful.  I wasn't running, but at the recycling trailer dropping off boxes when I got this one.  


A quick three before I headed back to work an experiment late.  I don't mind being the early or late person to in the lab, since I live here an am honored that they trust me now to get experiments set up.


Scientist selfie post run! My hair was way too sweaty to not have my salt crusted hat on.



Happy international Women's day!  Love working with a group of strong amazing women!  Also love a boss who cares about their employees.  Not only did we have treats in our lockers on International Women's day, but we had cinnamon rolls and coffee on Friday accompanied by a long chat.


Boom is pretty happy with whatever mileage he can get.



Little things that make me happiest this week:


New face scrub that smells amazing!


Cinnamon crunch popcorners!


New shampoo for my very fine and very rapidly thinning hair.  Thanks stress and menopause.



New purple goodrs.  Hubby said, how many pairs do you own????  I said does it really matter, they are only 25 bucks?


Getting lucky at Bonkers (think Chucky Cheese) and winning over 4K tickets to get him the Charizard he wanted.  I just had lucky fingers that day for sure!


Snuggling with my ever growing boy.  He very rarely wants to snuggle and cuddle but when he gets tired he can become a snuggle bug.  He and his friend who spent the night the previous night stayed up all night and he was pretty tired by the end of the day.  

And there you have it!  Have a great week y'all!















No comments:

Post a Comment