Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Stay cool, no really, stay cool!

Lack of motivation and heat got me really badly this week.  While I was able to tough it out for one run, the other nights were steamy and I just couldn't find the push I needed to get out and get going.  We had two early mornings and one 12 hour day meaning I just had no go to get up and run early in the morning.  Again, while I am disappointed in myself, with my new job if my body needs rest, I am giving it rest.   


I found this on Facebook and stole it.  I am not sure it is accurate, but it gives me something to hope for.  I hate summer running so so much.  This picture was from my one and only run during the week.  Mid 90s but a nice little breeze.  I ran out in the industrial complex so I could always be near my water and not have to carry it.  I also could do miniature loops on the roads out there so that part of my loop was away from the wind and part was in the wind.  I am sure the other inhabitants of the industrial complex thing I am insane.  The things you do to stay upright.


This quote has really come into play this week.  There is a narrative of what is about my family, my hubby, and our company.  I have been sad, mad, and all of the bad emotions this week over this.  Facebook keeps sending me these inspirational quotes and I am trying really, really hard to believe them and incorporate them but it's hard when it's your good name being drug through the mud.


I know what is true.  I have all of the evidence, every receipt, eye witness accounts of the job, and every man hour logged.  I have the original plans that don't include several pieces of new work not included in the original quote and I have verbal testimony where the client was told that the year old quote was out of date and would not be accurate at all due to increase in prices thanks to COVID and all of that jazz.  I do not know the exact story that is being told, but it has turned many of my acquaintances against me and my family.  While I really don't care if they like me or not, it's bleeding over to the kids and now several of those families have kids that won't talk to or play with my kid.  It's was a hard start to the week navigating those feelings of anger and sadness at the loss of friends or those who I thought were friends.  


Just gearing up for my favorite holiday and our biggest party of the year.  The only part of summer I truly love is the 4th of July in Boomtown.  Mom brought me some fun decorations and I need to find more because we need MORE!  


We did race this weekend and it was a "night race". I hate these races because tempers always flare and stupid crap always happens.  It was a pretty tame night overall, but there was stuff that went down that will have lasting consequences which makes me sad.  It wasn't the greatest nights for us as Tony made major changes in the senior Honda car including an engine change that did not work out.  We made small gains in the animal car and he ended up on the podium 3 out of 4 cars.  I hope we can figure everything out before we travel as he has gone from finishing in the top to last place and not even making it to the A main this week :(.  His confidence is still pretty high and he is still pretty pissed about not having the car he wants so let's hope it stays that way.


Have a great week y'all and stay cool!







No comments:

Post a Comment