Monday, August 5, 2024

A week of Recovery?


Two walks, one work out class, and one yard mowed in 100-degree weather.  Does the mowing count because if it doesn't, it should.  Since it's been so hot and I am not training for anything, I am not running in this mess or on a treadmill.  I run because I love to run, and those two things suck the joy out of running period.  Here is a rundown of the other fun stuff we did this week despite the heat.  



How about Taylor Swift Bingo at my new favorite brewery, 785 Beer Company in Topeka?  Yes please!  We had a winner at our table, had some yummy food and beer, and sang our hearts out.  We want to do more singing bingos in the future!



We also had our annual lab get together and we had so much fun.  Lots of laughs, beer, good food, and getting to know each other.  Also, I love corn hole and wish I could play more and get better.  My offense is good, my defense sucks.  



We also took a trip to Osage City to celebrate our nephew's first birthday.  The drive down on 99 through the scenic by way is absolutely gorgeous this time of year.  


I had some great baby snuggles and I wish we lived closer so I could be more involved in his life.  He's going to be an amazing athlete if he is anything like his daddy and I am here for it!


And since we were so close to Emporia Kansas, we decided to bop over to Radius Brewing Company.  While I did love their beer, their food was eh.  We did get to do some antique shopping and found some really awesome shops to come back to next time.  


I only had one beer since it was lunch time, and it was a Hazy IPA that was to DIE for!  Checking all the great breweries in Kansas off my list.  


Ended the night with some yummy brisket and live music plus a bottle of my favorite Rose with my BRF.  We had great conversations about all things.  That is what I love, being able to talk about even difficult subjects that we disagree with and walking away with maybe new viewpoints.  


Sunday was about resting and relaxing with a hot walk thrown in.  Since boom boom has way more hair, he has stayed home these last couple of hot walks, but naked Ollie gets to go!  As long as we find water at some point, she doesn't care about the heat.



Have a great week y'all!  I am looking forward to some racing under the lights at our home track.  















No comments:

Post a Comment