Friday, December 28, 2018

December Runfessions

It's the end of the year so these will  be short and sweet and to the point!


Andrew got his first W of the season with wrestling and I am SO excited to see everything finally clicking!  One of his friend's dads is coaching this year and he is making sure that Andrew is getting attention and really understanding the moves.  I runfess that I can't wait to see what the season holds, after two seasons of almost immediate pins every.single.match!  I also runfess that I was happy to see both emotions out of him in his first tournament.  I am glad that he finally cares and hope that he can ride that wave of happiness to some more successful tournaments.  I do also runfess that I did sort of bribe him with some extra incentive if he got a pin or a W.  #sorrynotsorry.


I runfess that I am starting Cross Fit classes in January and I am pretty nervous.  I know the coaches will take care of me and help me scale everything, but my one on one time with Coach Erin has become like a security blanket and I am not ready to give it up.  I knew that i would have to at some point, mainly because of the cost, but I wanted just a few more months.  I also know that there is so much more accountability for meeting someone for one on one work versus classes for me.  I do runfess thought that I am loving seeing the muscle definition and the overall strong I am feeling lately.

I runfess that I think something is really wrong with Boom.  Let me explain.  He has always been an excited to see you peeing dog, but it has really gotten out of control no matter how he is greeted or even ignored.  Then he started having accidents in the bed and in his crate which isn't normal either.  I took him to the vet and he had crystals in his urine and very basic urine pH.  The vet had me just treat him with Vitamin C, which seem to work for a couple of weeks, but now he is back to copious amounts of pee and accidents in the bed.  I runfess that tidepods are expensive and we are going through them like candy with all the bedding I am washing, so a recheck is first on the list post Christmas for sure!  I am also scared that there is a behavioral component to this too and I runfess that I am not sure how we are going to handle it.

Whew, there you are!  Hope your holidays were magical and that you don't have too much to runfess this December!  See you in 2019!

I am linking up with Marcia's Healthy Slice for runfessions!  I really am enjoying linking up with other bloggers and reading other awesome blogs! 


6 comments:

  1. Congrats to Andrew on the W! Good coaching makes such a difference. I hope Boom's issue is nothing serious. But yeah, the peeing has to stop. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the W for your son!!! I'd be a nervous wreck if our son ever had wrestled. Oh the dog stuff ;-) Our Max has designated the upstairs hallway (kind of a balcony area above our dining room) as his spot. He doesn't pee there often, but over the past four years, it is looking nasty. He was almost 5 years old when we rescued him, so we don't know what kind of previous environment he came from. Since it doesn't happen often, we have given up on trying to train him to not do it LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching him is very nerve wracking. I am always worried he is going to get hurt. He may be 6 but I still think of him as my little baby boy! We had to rip up most of the carpet in our house after stella was sick with IMPA. She had to be on super high dose steroids for almost a year and that meant lots and lots of accidents. The hard wood is way easier to clean but still I worry about repetitive peeing spots.

      Delete
  3. I had a cocker who was a nervous urinator. We never did get to the bottom of it. The hard part was when we got our new dog--housebreaking was very difficult!

    Congrats to your son on the W! There's no better feeling than watching your kids do well at an activity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took him to the vet today. Urine pH still not acidic enough, very dilute, and some bacteria present. Type and culture sent off, antibiotics started. Really glad we have mostly hardwood in the house!

      Delete