Sunday, December 2, 2018

Week two: Rocking K trail marathon training

It's week 2 and it's a low week! I could totally get use to this type of training!  I sure hope it works because I am actually having fun with this training cycle.  It's nice to not just build, build, build and never get a break.

Monday:  Rest day.  Snow day and no school, so no coaching for GOTR.  Booo.


Tuesday:  4 easy and Cross fit.  I put on my Hoka Torrents, since I thought my gravel roads may be too snowy to run in road shoes.  I was wrong, most of the gravel roads were down to a thin layer of ice.  Luckily most of the regular road was okay, but there were some icy spots that I had to walk very, very carefully.  My feet definitely were ouchy, but adapted quickly.  Why do I have such weirdo feet???  Cross fit was fun later on in the day.  Erin had me work on split jerks and then we did a work out that included dead lifts, hang cleans, and split jerks.  As always I walked away feeling very strong!

Wednesday:    Rest day.  Right as we got ready to walk to school, Andrew yanked a tooth out that had been literally hanging by a thread for weeks.  This is tooth number 4!!!!!  He of course had to take it in a ziploc bag to school to get a tooth necklace, which is basically a plastic tooth on a string that he wears all day with the tooth inside.  Apparently this is a thing now.  I am just glad the dang thing is out of his mouth.


Thursday:  Well suppose to be running day, but we had a new employee start that is going to be with me a bunch in the office, and I needed to spend all day with him.  He is the addition to our service program we are trying to build.   I am so excited to have more people in the office and more people to knock out service calls, so we aren't booked so many weeks out in advance and having to turn people away.
Later I did Cross fit and Erin tried to kill me as usual.  The work out wasn't horrible, but afterwards I could barely walk!  I worked on back squats for my strength portion and then for the work out I did an EMOM with 50 meters of stella lunges (walking lunges holding stella the sand bag), 100 meters farmer carry (i think the kettle bells were around 40 something pounds each), 15 leg levers, 15 good mornings with the trainer bar, and 10 glute bridges with a 20 lb dumb bell.  Those lunges KILLED me!


Friday:  Easy 4 miles and DOMS!  I had to get out and get my run done and post cross fit, I knew it would be tough.  Stella and I headed out as always with the plan of getting some walking in for recovery.  We had something kind of odd happen.  As we were running through the neighborhood, a guy smoking in his front yard.  This is normal thing so I just kept running but he said something to me. I  had my aftershokz on so I could hear that he said something, but not what he said.  I just said to him "Good morning" and kept running.  I could hear him say something post me saying good morning, something along the lines of "So your going to be that way?".  I kept running and when I got about a mile out and was on my normal gravel route, I turned around to let stella loose and there he was!!!!!  He was behind me a ways, but he was coming my way.  Full on work boots, jeans, carhartts, and  carhartt jacket with hood pulled up.  As I got to the end of one road, I had to make a decision which way to go.  While he was still a ways behind me, I didn't want to be out in the middle of no where with no one to help me.  I decided to call my hubby and have him drive out and check the guy out and maybe possibly come pick me up.  I continued to head out  and he was still pretty far behind me, but still coming.  I guess between seeing my hubby drive out and me not allowing him to gain on me, he decided not to follow me anymore but instead head back to town.  Now I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, that in that moment he just decided a nice long stroll in full work clothes would be fun, but I guess I will never know his full intentions.  I have a friend that lives near this man's house, and she saw him head out after me and then come back.  She said he appeared to be impaired in some capacity.  She didn't think at first he was following me per se, till she saw him come back.  Next time she will call the cops if she sees him following out after me.  I was a little rattled but I am a hard target to take since I am mostly tethered to my dog.  I am going to change out my running route for a while just so I am not running past him because my hubby is not always around to come out and check on me.

Post work the family headed out for some Ralph Wrecks the Internet at the dine in theater in Manhattan.  I love having a theater where you can eat dinner and relax in big plushy recliners!


Saturday:  Girls on the Run 5K!!!!  Well, not the weather we had been hoping for, but we made it work!  We were hoping the rain would stop by the time of the run, but nope, cold and rain were the story of the day.  I was allowed to run this year with the girls, and happened to get to run with one my girls Bethany.  We had so much fun splashing in the puddles and laughing!   All of my girls rocked it so hard and I am SO proud of each and every one them!


Even I as a hard core runner would have thought twice about racing in this and I never heard one complaint!  They were fired up and ready to go!  We even got sent the wrong way, so got some extra mileage thrown in for fun.  


Sunday:  Easy 4 miles.  Back up to Saturday night, I went out and had some beers at our little local bar with my BRF and several others and I knew by doing this that Sunday may be iffy.  I don't regret going out at all and having fun because it is something i never get to really do anymore.  I got in bed at a decent hour, nothing ridiculous, but of course much later than my normal and of course my kiddo woke me up around 8 am ready to go.  I thought I could rally and get my run done by my stomach had other ideas.  I spent most of the day on the couch resting and like I said, I don't regret it.  

Have a great week!  I am looking forward to another high week and am going to try and get some speed work in.  I am also going to change up my routes so if the gentleman that i saw the other day is still around that he won't be tempted to follow me again.  

2 comments:

  1. Sorry your GOTR race was rough weather wise but it sounds like you all still had a great time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I am so glad the girls still had tons of fun and made a horrible situation (the weather and the extra distance) into a great situation!

      Delete