Sunday, October 20, 2019

Week 21 of 24: Training for the Run Amok 50 miler-PEAK WEEK!

Dear Lord, please let me survive this week.  Thank you.  Amen.


Monday:  Normally a rest day, but since the Girls on the Run girls wanted to do a practice 5K, we obliged.  My group did a 4 minute run at about an 11:30 pace with a 1 minute walk.  We did our normal practice run route and the girls that met up with us did amazing.  I am blown away by these girls!!!!!  Since I knew we would get at least 3 miles if not more, I decided to run to the school from my house and bring miss Stella (1.3 miles) and then run home (another 1.3 miles).  That would get me almost 6 miles so I just needed 2 or so miles left.  Had to wait for the heating guys to finish and then headed out with Boom to finish.  Glad that both dogs got some run time and glad that they are both feeling good.  Maybe I should bring boom boom to my 50 too just in case????


Tuesday:  Day off.  I needed it.  I needed a great night of sleep and not an early morning.  My body was very happy with my decision.  I finally got a full night's sleep. 

Evidence of fall finally!
Wednesday:  14 miles.  I honestly didn't want to get up or run, but having someone waiting to run with you motivates me.  I got my butt up, over dressed as usual, and headed out.  Rockin Robin and I did 5 miles with Boom and Ebby, and then I switched out for Stella to get my final 9.  Y'all I am tired.
Teamwork!
Thursday:   10 miles.  Tired Tired Tired.  Can I write tired again?  I got plenty of sleep, in bed at 8:30 and slept in till 5:15 am, so getting the sleep I think.  I usually get up an hour before my run and fuel and have coffee and today I just couldn't.  I reset my alarm, slept till the last minute, and was late meeting Robin.  Whoops.  We both agreed our legs felt very tired and like lead.  We teamed up on Ebby (she likes to pull and we haven't found a magic solution to that), so we both hooked up to her and I just sat back and let her do the work.


Friday:  REST DAY.   I rested like a BOSS.  We had our last fall baseball practice of the year in which he got two really good hits and fielded several ground balls and got an our.  I am really hoping the confidence he gains from fall ball and the year of maturity will spill over into a more confident kiddo next year in 7-8 year old league.  We also got to watch a couple of quarters of our local football team's game.  They were playing a team that was 6-0, so we wanted to go represent and cheer.  It was.....kind of boring.  I guess I just remember my brother and our high school playing and how high action and exciting it was and maybe, just maybe I am playing it up in my mind, but maybe not.  I thought the band did pretty good even though they stayed stationary for a lot of their field show (we hardly ever stopped moving, but we had a drill band director that was use to movement based field shows).  Maybe time has just inflated my memories, but wow, kind of underwhelming.  I am glad the Red Raiders won, but I hope they have more than one ball carrier because I only heard one name the entire time over and over and over.


Saturday:  16 miles.  I slept in again and probably hit the road around 8:15ish.  I love cooler weather and fall running.  No more getting up at 4 am unless we absolutely have to.  Again, can I say I was tired? My legs felt like toast from the beginning, various things hurt, and I just really struggled to stay moving.  I had planned to do 10 out and back and then re fuel, swap boom for Stella, and head back out.  Even though I was out of Tailwind, I made the decision to stay out because I was too worried that if I went back to the house that I would NOT go back for the final 6.  I had a few jolly ranchers that I made do with and we got it done.  I had an episode like in the old days of running, right after I had just started where I felt like I was going to pass out post run, go figure.  My fueling was off, I didn't really eat right the night before, and it is what it is.  I haven't had it happen in a super long time.

Sunday:  2.5 hours of running.  I slept in till almost 7:30.  Who am I?? I even got to lay in bed from about 7:30-9:30 pm reading a book.  Whose life is this???  Other than the fact that Stella was puking some of the night thanks to the hubby leaving food out that she ate, I got really good sleep (she puked right up until I fell asleep, thanks Lala).  I headed out about 9 am to some windy wind swept prairie.  Most of the crops are in now so the fields are bare.  The wind has no buffer no so we are at it's mercy.  I had to run several miles without a hat.  I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be but my body is definately at it's limit.  I tried to stay away from the house since Boom was doing so well, but I did have about 15 minutes left so picked up Stella and finished it out with her.  I was so glad to be done but so thankful for the nice weather.


WE MADE IT!  Bring on the taper, even if my long run is 18 miles next weekend.  The weekly miles will be SO much less and that is what I am thankful for this week.  See y'all next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment