Sunday, November 15, 2020

Bad news?

 WARNING!!!!  MAJOR GIRL TALK AHEAD.  LEAVE IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT SORT OF TALK.  You have been warned:)

The week started out with warm temps and bad news.  I had my yearly well woman exam complete with flu shot.  My doctor had been concerned the last time I had my pap, as I had told her I was having some pretty heavy crampy/clotty periods.  We had pulled a hormone panel and all checked out just fine, not even in perimenopause.  This year almost two years later, my uterus looked enlarged, there were cysts on my uterus, and my cervix was friable and bled pretty quickly upon scraping.  I was instructed to quickly get some more imaging done, to wait for the results of my pap before freaking out, and to not borrow trouble.  Sigh.  I am the queen at borrowing trouble.  She also found what appeared to be some lumps in my left breast, but she said that area was common to be lumpy and that I shouldn't worry (REALLY??).  I do yearly mammograms and nothing has ever come up on that side, and I have my next mammo scheduled for next week, thank goodness.  On to happier news right?


I finally bit the bullet and ordered Noxgear for Stella and Boom.  I like the concept, lots of colors and visibility.  What I am not digging is the fact that the chest strap goes across and not in between her legs.  While the strap does sit up higher on her chest, I am still not sure this harness style is going to work for her.  I put it on over her normal harness just in case, but ended up clipping to it in an effort to keep it from sliding off her shoulders.  I feel like I have it as tight as it needs to be in the girth area as well as the chest area, but that big light source is heavy and when she isn't pulling it moves over on top of her shoulders.  I want to try it on Boom to see if his wider body style suites it better.  Based on hers and Boom's weights 48-51 lbs, I ordered a large and had to pretty much adjust it all the way down.  


I didn't put Boom's harness on underneath when I took him out in the Noxgear and trusted the clip and strap would hold and withstand his pulling.  The light source/battery pack did stay a little better on him with his wider shoulders, but still had some play to the sides when he wasn't hooked up and pulling.  Not a deal breaker as neither dog wouldn't not run with it on, just not sure how feasible it would be to do a longer run and not have issues with chaffing or shoulder pain.  I think if I ordered again, I might try going smaller and adjusting the whole thing out as far as it would go rather than the size I ordered and having to adjust everything down.  


We did do a really awesome photo session with Andrew and his cars.  One of our track families included their cars in their family session and I just loved the idea. I reached out to our favorite local photographer and she went wild with some crazy photo shots.  I can't wait to see how they turned out!  We started on a long winding gravel road, took some pictures up by the river bridge, then went to a parking lot and did some shots with fog and colored lights.  


Afterwards since he worked so hard and put up with all of our crazy ideas, we had steak and asparagus and LAVA CAKE!  Y'all, not going to lie, I have been eating my two shakes a day, but come my one meal a day, I have not been super good about staying under my calories.  Yes, I had several bites of this amazing lava cake, plus a sweet potato that had butter and sugar.  Sigh.  I am not gaining, but I am not loosing and I need to get back on that train.  I still have a long way to go, probably around 17 lbs that I would love to get off before my next training cycle (if I get a next thanks to possibly surgery keeping me from my next 50).  


It was also a super stressful week at work.  We had some unique situations come up with service clients that kind of made me loose faith in humanity.  Why lie about what is going on and put my guys in bad spots?  My electricians had to make some tough unpopular calls and we still have not gotten paid by a contractor we have been doing LOTS of work with (going on 3rd month now of no pay).  We had planned on heading to KC to the dirt track to see several of our quarter midget racers race sprint cars, but in the end we worked late, got pizza and beer, and went to bed instead.  


Also this week, just to add on to all of the craziness and bad news, our kitty got super sick.  We still don't have a diagnosis, but he got to spend a night in the vet's office being observed and we got the  bill for it :)  As of typing this he is back to eating and drinking, but we have NOT seen him pee or poop in his litter box, which is NOT good.  Even though his blood work came back completely normal, we are treating this like and infection and he is on doxycycline to try and combat whatever is making him run a high fever.    I do feel like he is low fever/fever free right now, however I have not taken his temp because sticking a thermometer up a cat's butt just doesn't seem like a good time to me.  


As always, I had grand plans of running Saturday and Sunday to get back to 4 days a week of running.  As always, that plan fell through when hubby had to work with the crew on Saturday.  Oh well, Andrew and I slept in,  had fun cleaning the house in our PJs, and watched Christmas movies (check out Jingle Jangle, LOVED it).  Sunday I woke up around 8, fueled up, and headed out about an hour later.   


I was brave and took both dogs.  My running partner has been dealing with some injuries and hasn't been joining me, so it's a little easier to manage both of them.  Boom is a super puller, so I felt like our pace was just a bit faster than  I really wanted to go.  I let him and Stella off when we got out in the country, but Boom decided listening was optional and got put back on the leash pretty quickly.  I need to take treats with me again to remind him coming back has a lot more value than cow patties that the farmers have just used to fertilize their fields with.  Sigh.  After he tired out a little and we were past the feedlot, I was able to let him off for the rest of the run and he listened.  


I think that was boom's longest run.  I need to include him more in my runs as I am not sure a) how much longer Stella's body will let her tolerate long distance running since she is coming up on 10 years young b) how long I will be down and out from surgery, and c) he needs to blow off steam too even though he goes to work with my every day.  


Have a great week!!!!  This next week has my birthday in it and i can't wait to turn 43 :)  I need some new winter running tights and I love Mizuno winter gear so may ask for a gift card to our local running store.  












No comments:

Post a Comment