Monday, November 2, 2020

Post Nationals Hangover

 I honestly did not feel like running all week.  Not only was I tired and super stressed from some drama in my life, but we had winter park it's big old butt on our week.  Not nice mother nature, not nice!  I like a gradual transition, not an abrupt change.  We had snow and ice pellets and slick streets to start out the week, and then howling winds and plunging temps to go with it.  By the weekend things got better, but we had a two day race and Halloween trick or treating meaning not the greatest running week ever.


We ran finally once the ice stopped on Wednesday night and that was my lone run.  I LOVE winter running and loved getting my running vest out even if I sweated a little bit.  Stella was a big spaz the entire run smiling from ear to ear the entire time.  It did feel good to be back out and the fire to run and train is slowly being lit again.  


I did see my chiro this week and boy did she work out some horrible knots in my shoulders.  When I am super stressed, I carry all that stress there and boy did that HURT to get it worked out.  Now I feel like a million bucks, but the cupping kisses I have are quite amazing.  I highly recommend cupping if you have not had it done.  It seriously keeps me on the road running and helps with not only muscle pain but any and all nerve pain.  I didn't realize how bound up my shoulders and neck where till they weren't.  Stress and traveling will do that to you!


The one positive for this week was Andrew was the student spotlight student for the week.  While every student gets this honor, I loved the pictures he chose for his board.  He got to pick 6 pictures and they were all of his race cars and his race friends.  SQUEEEEE :)



The school allowed the kiddos to dress up in their costumes, which I thought was super nice.  Andrew is Sans from the video game UnderTale, a game that we don't even own, but he is in love with this character.  I am just glad the kiddos get some sort of fun this year, since most everything else has been canceled.  


Our town had it's downtown trick or treating with lots of precautions taken.  We went later to hope to avoid the crowd since even with the longer times and early start time, I knew there would be a ton of people.  Andrew decided that he didn't want to be Sans, which meant race car driver was our only option.  Many people commented on how authentic Andrew's costume was LOL!!!!!  Andrew did a great job of staying 6 feet away most of the time and the face shield stayed down and I was masked the entire time.  



We had our last weekend of racing with a double race weekend on tap.  Saturday was racing as normal with the winners winning pumpkins and Sunday was the 100 or 50 lapper for the Sr and Jr honda kiddos.  This was not a point's race, just a fun race.  We had a chili cook off planned as well as trailer decorating and trick or treating again.  



Unfortunately Andrew had a horrible wreck in his black and green car and flipped.  While he was okay, the car was totaled and the whole thing shook his confidence.  Once we realized he was okay and nothing was broken or bruised, I tried to get him back in his other car for the last race.  He was really scared, really did NOT want to, but I kind felt like he needed to get back on the horse again so to speak.  


He of course went out and got a solid 3rd place in his Junior Animal car with some pretty fast laps.  I was SO proud of him to get back out there.  



After racing they got to pick their pumpkins, do some trailer treating, and we had a chili cook off (the chicken chili was AMAZING).  On Sunday we had a gender reveal (one of our club members is expecting) and the 50 lap race for the Jrs and a 100 lap race for the Srs.  Tony worked hard all night to pull the motor out of the black and green car and put it into Andrew's burgundy car.  While it wasn't perfect, it was good enough to get on the track and finish 6th thanks to three cars wrecking out.  


While he still isn't super duper competitive, he is making gains every week and I love it.  I can't wait to see how he does next year with a year of maturity on him and hopefully a little more competitive fire.  We have one more possible race or two if we want to travel.  I am really going to miss my track family.  They have seriously taken care of my kiddo and my hubby while I work in the tower.  We wouldn't have made it through this year without them helping us with the car and with advice and help.  











No comments:

Post a Comment