Sunday, November 8, 2020

Lost and found motivation

I really thought with the fall temps returning and some sort of semblance of regular schedule that I would find my motivation to run this week.  


I was wrong.  I had planned to get back to at least 4 runs this week, but several late nights and stress over stress caused me to not hit my mark.  


While one big stressor in my life calmed down, another couple reared their ugly heads.  Then don't get me started about this crazy election.  My hubby and i have had it on 24:7 after the first night and I just want to know who our next president is one way or the other.  


We did get a couple of runs during the week in the pitch black dark.  I was even brave and took both aussies one run.  They had so much fun running loose on the country roads and it made me smile.  


We also made the tough decision to start the redhead on some meds for his ADHD.  I have done some live videos on my blog page on FB about the journey and the decisions we made.  He took his first pill on Friday morning and boy was that an experience in itself. I don't remember at what age I took my first pill, but he was terrified to have to swallow, even with the help of water and applesauce.  Our first try resulted in him freaking out and puking it back up.  Sigh.  The second try went better so fingers crossed tries after this go equally as well.  


I've been collecting memes from the week and this is probably one of my most favorite.  There were so many good ones.  


We had our end of the year banquet for our Topeka Quarter midget club and I am SO proud of my little ginger racer.  To go from racing one car to two, to go from a much slower car to a much faster car, to go race a car he had only run 2 laps in before the race, to passing several of his friends, we have seen so much growth in this kid.  Yeah, he may not be winning checkered flags yet, but the improvement is amazing.  


I love this picture so much.  I gave a talk as our outgoing racers handed our president whose term is up end of December gifts of appreciation.  I am so glad I didn't cry because it was super hard. She has meant so much to me and while she still will be around, I will miss her being in the tower with us.  I still feel I have so much to learn but she has taught me so much.  


I love his awards and hope they motivate him to work even harder next year.  He finished 7th out of 8 racers in Jr Honda and 3rd out of 5 racers in Jr Animal. He will have another year in Juniors to work on lots of skills like lines and passing and another great year of being part of a racing family.  


I ended the week with a sort of long run.  I had hoped for 10 but a late morning and not a great night before with having a couple of beers meant 7 was a good number to end on.  We had some crazy winds too and battling it coming out of the south just wasn't in me today.  Hoping for a better week next week but come what may, we shall tackle it with grace and humor and realize it is what it is.  




No comments:

Post a Comment