Sunday, December 6, 2020

The last free week!

 It's sentence or two per picture time! Okay just kidding, some pictures may get a smallish paragraph but here you go.



A fellow racing mom found this Etsy shop online and we all got engraved ornaments for our racers.  LOVE IT!


Had to go to town to pick up supplies mid day with the hubby and saw a FB post about a new beer at my favorite brewery/tasting room.  Was going to go get a crowler, but decided to just taste it there.  Winter Warmer is YUMMY!  Pick it up at our newest local tasting room Manhattan Brewing Company.


Had enough sticks in the fire pit and no wind, so fire time it is!  No marshmallows to roast but did drink a very robust Porter by the fire.  Does that count?


Had to make an emergency Target trip for soap which meant a stop at one of our favorite pizza places.  Had the whole place to ourselves for pizza, cheese bricks, and cinnamon knots.  Add in some Shiner cheer in a can and you have perfection.  


Yes I feel this so much right now.  I was doing SOOOO good, down 9 lbs and still loosing and I hit a bit of a skid.  I will get back on the diet train, just need to get through the holidays, my hubby's amazing cooking, and some really good fall/winter beer.


We had two night runs during the week and the full moon made for some spectacular moonrises and skies.  It's so hard to get good picture at night with my Iphone, but I thought Robin's phone got a good one!




Got Christmas decorations out (finally).  Tree has been up for many days now, still not decorated.  Oh well.  Dogs got their annual pictures taken.  They got lots and lots of cookies for their time.  


Got 10 miles on Saturday.  We saw our bald eagle friend, but not quick enough to get a picture again dang it!  Also saw a big coyote from a distance running through the field headed towards the river.  


Went to a country store a few small towns over to judge their gingerbread house competition and have lunch from their amazing deli.  They even had a band playing what I felt like was Irish maybe or Scottish music?  I felt like the Riverdancers would be out any minute and I caught myself tapping my toes and wanting to get up and dance a jig.  Hubby said he felt like he was in an episode of Outlander.  



It was super hard to just pick three out of all of the amazing entries, but my winner was the Russian scene with the dog taking second and the candy house getting third.  



Later on one of our little local winery incubators had a release party for a new wine maker.  The grapes were grown just north of here in Westmoreland and the wine was amazing. I am normally a beer drinker, but I appreciate trying new things and this wine was worth the try. Plus, it feels amazing hearing local music outside while sitting by a socially distanced fire pit and drinking a bottle.  Yeah it was a little chilly out, but we had fun and enjoyed not only local music, but very yummy food truck food as well.  I still can't believe we were able to sit outside and not freeze to death on a December night in Kansas.  


Got our Sunday recovery run done on yet another beautiful day.  I think that puts me at 24 miles for the week.  I think I need to do 25 miles a week to break 1000 for the year, a low for me from the past several years but I will take it.  


And to wind up a great week with awesome weather, Hootie showed back up.  I had kind of figured she wasn't coming back this year, but she surprised me this week.  I always know she is back because she makes a huge mess on our sidewalk where she perches.  

Have a great week!  We are suppose to have another week of amazing un winter like weather.  While I am a fan of a good snow, I wouldn't be too sad if we had a mild winter since my training cycle starts next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment