Sunday, January 17, 2021

Week 5 of 18: Training for the Flint Hills 50

 I have to keep it real so here goes.  I am having some pelvic  pain down in my groin.  Not sure if it is bone or round ligament or what.  It started a few weeks ago, just some soreness and felt like it was getting better.  This week, it has actually hurt a few times when I ran off and on.  Of course my mind goes right to stress fracture, but it doesn't hurt all the time. I have another appointment next week with my chiro so hopefully we can figure this out and it's something muscular and not bone.  It's good to get my thoughts out because this is driving me nuts in my brain and I am hoping I don't have to sit out yet another 50 miler.  Now let's get to the good stuff.



Started out the week with a good report at the dentist.  We have battled bad teeth from the start, even with every 6 month dentals and cleanings, so it was good to finally hear that his teeth looked good.  He isn't the best at brushing, but I feel like he has been dealt a bad hand genetically with teeth from his daddy. I didn't have a cavity till I was much older and I was hoping he would be the same, but alas, he has already had two root canals and several cavities filled.  We celebrated with of course, sugar, but you can't beat Freddie's custard for a special day.


All three runs during the week were done in the dark with both dogs.  It's hard to get good pictures in the dark, but they always pose for me when we are done.  We flipped things around since we were suppose to have 60 mph wind gusts on Thursday (and we did).  Rockin Robin and I completed a 4, 6, and a 4 to round out our weekly mileage.  Very soon this is going to climb, EEEEK!


The sunrises have been spectacular lately. On Wednesdays I have an early morning zoom meeting and this sky greeted me when I headed into the office.  I wish I could have gotten a picture about 10 minutes later because it got even better.  


The weather has been very very mild lately (hopefully this won't jinx it) which means the boys can head to the track and get some track time.  The newest car is still in pieces, but the animal car is good to go and Andrew is driving the wheels off of it! Let's hope for a good year with lots of learning, some good finishes, and some travel if this virus lets up.


Little E or Elvis has grown up to be such a pretty kitty.  I wish he was a little more cuddly, but the cuddles I do get on the rare occasion are extra special.  



Saturday meant longer long run.  Rockin Robin needed to be done early and I wanted to sleep in so she did 8 before I got up and was ready and I caught the second 8 with her.  We each did two 8 mile loops out on our gravel and I was blessed to see the eagles on my way back on my second set of 8 miles.  I was once again so wiped out post run that I actually sat in the recliner for a while and did nothing.  If you know me, I never sit still even post long run, so that was a lot for me to not move for that long.  I got a ton of sleep, went to bed around 8:30 so not sure why I am was so wiped.  I had one glass of wine but followed that up with lots of water and other beverages which makes me think it wasn't that.  I was laughing because after the dropped Robin and the doodles off and headed back out, the red kids went from pulling like crazy dogs to running behind me and using me as a wind break.  What a bunch of free loaders LOL!


I had my shorter long run on Sunday by myself.  I went to bed fairly early again and slept in and got going around 10 am.  It wasn't cold but the wind was pretty blustery out of the North/North West.  I had to use my buff to keep my hat from blowing off.


I also saw both eagles again.  The first time through I just saw one but coming back they both were on their poles.  


I always slow down to a walk and am very quiet walking under them.  They just peer down at me with that grumpy look on their faces.  I am so glad they are still around and LOVE seeing them every run.


I also tried a timer photo run by and it just couldn't get it figured out.  This was the best I could get and I hope no one was watching as I tried 3 or 4 times to get a decent one.  


This crazy boy got 40 miles this week!  He seems to be fine since his paw boo boo, so we are going to keep going with training.  While he pulls me super hard when we run with the doodles, when it is just us three, he is the perfect gentleman.  


Have a great week y'all!!!!!  I think we bump up to 44 miles and may have to re arrange our schedule a bit since we both have events at night this week.  I have my very first board meeting with our track club, wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment