Monday, January 2, 2023

Joy to the Run BONUS WEEK

 


Y'all, on Monday I practiced what I preach and had a sloth like do nothing day for no reason other than I could.  We had Monday off  from the office, and while I did do a tiny bit of work, I stayed in my PJs all day!  I worked on my year end blogs and watched my kiddo tackle yet another Lego set as we both inhabited the dining room table for our work/sloth session.  



Tuesday was easy run and with Robin and the doodle girls and Wednesday was speed.  I was NOT feeling the 20 second sprint, 20 second recover, but I pushed myself on the run portions and allowed myself to walk on the recover portion and made it through.  



I got in Boom's snow suit and boots.  Let's just say he was less than thrilled and was frozen in place once I got it on.  I hope he can see the beauty of it when it's super cold again or we have to run in snow.  I didn't tempt fate by putting his booties on too. 



All week I have wished we were in Tulsa at the Tulsa shoot out.  Several of our friends are racing down there or I should say their kiddos.  It's hard to sit back and watch from home, but I don't miss the uber late nights and the hurry up and wait.  Our sponsored driver moved up from Junior Sprints last year to Restricted micros this year and he made the qualifier for the first time in the class!!!  We are SO proud of him!



Love this picture that his dad took of him getting ready to go out on the track.  For his first year, he has learned a lot and improved every race.  If my kid would just try dirt, we would never look back to pavement!



Got one run on the weekend.  Did a longish run of 6 on Saturday and sweated our butts off.  This is one weird winter, going from -28 to 50.  Loved the clouds on our run.

I did not get my yoga or my circuit done this week.  I would like to blame the fact that my monthly friend visited and one night I sat on the heating pad all night and the other night I was just exhausted  thanks to said friend, but those are just excuses.  I am excited for my class to start in January, so I have NO excuses.  

Have a great week y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment