Sunday, January 29, 2023

Under pressure


I feel like the song Under Pressure is just looping through my brain right now.  We are SO busy at work right now and while it's a super good thing, it's also not a good thing because I don't have enough guys some days to cover everything and money is super tight, since no one is paying their bills.  I am super duper stressed right now, but I shall survive.  I also need to see people for what they are, customers, not friends.  If they don't want to pay us for work we have completed, they are screwing my business and they should no longer be treated as a friend.  It's just business right?  Somedays I feel like I made the biggest mistake ever trying to be a business person.  These last few years have for sure taught me a lot about me, what I am capable of, and what I am NOT capable of.  I guess that's growth right?  Stepping outside of your comfort zone and trying new things, even if they don't work is learning right?  

 


Monday/Tuesday:  4 miles of easy/Pilates class.  Both days were cold, but manageable.  I love winter running!  Tuesday I got my adjustment and then started my new class.  We were calling it "Pilates", but really it's us learning how to do exercises correctly while working the correct muscles at all times.  I feel like that is so crucial and so overlooked.  Form is very important, but also making sure you are even working what muscles you are suppose to work is key.  We took 2 moves, the plank and the squat and worked through form and function.  We worked through adaptations to make sure you are using the correct muscle and not compensating,  Let's just say I was super duper sore the next day and just breathing was rough.  I love that my chiro can take moves and make them work and give you a work out that doesn't leave you walking out drenched in sweat.  



Wednesday/Thursday: Rest days.  I felt like I was starting to come down with the crud that was going around.  I was planning on a rest day Wednesday and Thursday just happened because I felt horrible.  Plus, I had had therapy Thursday morning and it was rough.  Like super rough.  Like all of this mess with work is triggering me to bring up past trauma and relive it.  I keep thinking I am healed, but this proves I am not.  Sigh.  SO much work to do. 



Friday:  4 miles/tempo run.  I felt SOOOO good, so I just tried to push myself to the edge of hard and stay there.  Talk about the most stressful of stressful days.  Our work is so amazingly busy, but you have to have money to make money and our bank is not totally wanting to help us.  We have a meeting Monday to discuss options and I hope they are open to continuing to help a local business.  My payroll alone is 15K a week right now and I need working capital to keep going.   I am praying that they help us and not that they shut us down.  We have so many great customers who use us and trust us and I love helping them.  I am not ready to throw in the towel with what my husband and I have built and I am ready to fight.



Saturday:  11 miles.  Whoops, 10 miles.  It was a beautiful day and while our run felt great, my running partner only needed 10, so when we got back to the house, I had no desire to run 1 more.  It was a bit muddy, but the dogs seem to love it anyway and the time flew by.  I love that Melly and I are getting out and getting some miles together.  We use to run every morning, but I switched to afternoon/night running, which didn't fit into her schedule.  I am much much slower than she is however I feel like it's good for her to slow down sometimes and take it easy on her runs.





Sunday:  Rest day.  Chief's day.  Let's go BIG RED!  I did more anxiety cleaning and was basically a sloth.  I needed it.  I woke up with super bad anxiety and I just needed to do what my body needed for the day.  Later we watched the Chiefs claw their way to another Super Bowl appearance.  



To end here is what we are going through work wise, long version.  We are slammed, like totally slammed. Three sets of my guys are working commercial work with their apprentices.  I only have one guy doing residential work and he is booked out till March.   The problem is that we aren't getting paid for our work quickly, as we are doing lots of commercial work that only pays once a month post you turning in your pay apps and the GCs we are working with are a bit behind in payments.  We are owed over 141K right now in AR and we have lots of big jobs coming up that could potentially make us even more money.  We need working capital to continue and we are not sure our current bank is willing to do that for us. We have been very, very careful with debt this entire time.   We have a talk scheduled for Monday and I am praying and praying that our bank is not going to give up on us and help us find that working capital we need to continue.  We are an LLC, but they have already tied our only real asset outside of our business, our house, into one of our loans.  Sigh.  I am not sure how much longer I can continue doing this.  The stress is killing both my hubby and I and we have a little boy that needs us.  I have started to look for other jobs just in case I need to bail, but even then unless I go back to industry, my little measly pay check only won't be of much help.  We have tried to be smart about our debt, but as I have said you have to have money to make money and we may have to get outside of our comfort zone and carry more debt to continue.  We have built a great thing in our business with a great reputation.  I am not ready to give this up, but without an infusion of cash to continue, that just doesn't happen.  Please, if you are the praying type or just the good vibes type, send us what you have.  We have built something really good and I am not ready to give it up for both our customers and for our electricians and their families.  


Have a great week y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment