Monday, January 16, 2023

Spring time in January

Not going to lie, I could totally live in a place 24:7 that is in the 30s in the morning, warms up to the 60s in the afternoon, and then gets cold again at night with NO WIND.  The beginning of this week was perfect and then we got ice and snow and then back to perfect.  Take your meds mother nature!  At least we aren't getting flooded like California or tornadoes like the south right now.  



Monday:  4 miles easy.  Probably should have done 5 as it was so nice outside.  I think the farmer's almanac was smoking something when it said we were going to have a horrible winter, as other than the bomb cyclone, it's been very mild with little to no precip.  Knocking on wood as I type these sentences.




Tuesday:  Speedwork/4miles.  Song intervals.  I started with some Lizzo, but ended up popping over onto my Sirius XM app and cueing up some Soul Cycle.  I know that sounds crazy, but they have a great channel that has hits that fit perfectly with running.  After a warm up, I did two cycles of every song change starting easy, medium, and hard effort, going back down to medium, easy, and then starting the cycle again till I hit 4 miles.  I made sure I had at least half a mile if not more for a cool down.  Boom doesn't seem to be a fan of speedwork unless we are heading towards the house.  He's a big goofball.  


Wednesday/Thursday:  Rest day/Board meeting.  We've been having pretty lengthy board meetings lately because we are really trying to plan something special this year.  Our number one goal is to make everything about the children and make it less and less about the adults that seem hell bent on ruining a good thing.  Thursday I just wanted after a very stressful day at work, to go home and get on my pjs and watch racing.  This week is all about the Chili Bowl in Tulsa with racing every night and it's one of my most favorite times of the year.  They have heats, qualifiers, lower mains and A mains all in one night each night.  I love it!  It's so thrilling and it keeps me up late every night from Monday till it wraps up on Saturday. 



Friday:  Easy 4.  The sun was still up when we headed out!  While I don't love summer, I do love running in the sun when the sun isn't trying to bake me.  



Saturday:  Wrestling. I really wish I had a better report. I had hoped that having a bigger tournament would make things better for Andrew with weights and competition.  He was once again grouped with the 130 pounders and was in a bracket instead of a round robin.  Plus, we had one match and then sat for hours before our next match. I worked a table as a spotter all day and helped Cassie with the computer.  Well, she worked the computer and I just hoped she never had to leave.  Andrew actually went 3 rounds with his second kid before the kid got him down in the 3rd period.   We have one more tournament here at home and then he is done with tournaments for the year.  The goal shifts to getting his partner ready for districts.  


Sunday:  Long run/9 miles.  Went to bed early, got up later, and headed out around 9:30 am.  It was a beautiful morning.  Boom made a friend over by the feed lot.  We had to distract so our doodle friends could get by because they are not fans of cats.   We also ran up on what we are pretty sure was an eagle getting a snack.  They left us some evidence to take a look at.  



We got some pictures but you really can't see the eagle at all thanks to the uber blue sky.



Also, later in the day we made a very grown up purchase and got a new fridge!  Ours has been dying a slow death for months now and we have been limping it along and the final straw happened Saturday night when the fridge part just quit cooling altogether. I am sure we could have paid to get it fixed but with a tween in the house that likes to eat and drink at night, we needed the room.  I have always wanted a double door fridge with the bottom being a freezer and I finally got my dream fridge!


We were very lucky that it was in stock and we had rebates we could use to get the price down a little bit.  I am so excited to fill it since we had to pretty much throw everything out that we previously had in there.  I am also looking at beer fridges so that beer can be kept somewhere else. Stay tuned LOL!  


21 miles total for the week and slowly working back towards 4-5 being my base versus 3.  Of course we have a cut back week coming up, but then it's all upwards passed that I think.  I also found out I am honey stinger ambassador again this year.  While I am super excited for the discounts I get as an ambassador, I feels super bad because I don't a) run many races anymore b) post to social media with 500 hashtags like I am suppose to and c) participate in all of the activities you are suppose to as deemed by the powers that be in the portal.  I just don't have the time I once had to do all the things and I feel super guilty.  I still buy their products and use their gear, but the guilt is there.  I keep thinking every year they will cut me lose but every year they bring me back.  I guess I should just be thankful until it ends.  




Have a great week y'all!







No comments:

Post a Comment