Sunday, January 22, 2023

Winter can be cool on a cut back week


Another roller coaster week of weather and temps.  Started out amazing, highs in the 50s.  Then cold.  Then ice/rain/snow.  Luckily it was a cut back week so mileage was super low and could be chunked anyway I needed to chunk it.   Also, Wamego Tournament time!   Our home toury and my favorite of all the tournys.  Let's GOOOOOOO!



Monday:  Easy day/4 miles.  This is a cut back week so the mileage was pretty low.  I could do three 3s and a 5 for my long run or I could change them up just in case we had bad weather.  I can do dreadmill runs hanging on for dear life but I need 3 miles or less.  I should have gone for 5, but I was huffing and puffing for no reason.  This seems to be happening more and more and feels just like how I feel when I am dealing with high humidity...except there is no humidity to speak of right now.



Tuesday:  Easy day/3 miles.  Usually I do speed work on this day BUT with running Sunday and Monday and having a big adjustment made me not want to push my luck.  I decided to just take it easy and enjoy the run.  I still was a little huffy puffy, but not as bad as Monday.  



Wednesday/Thursday/Friday:  Rest day/Club meeting/Rest day.  Almost 3 hours of great conversation on how we can better promote our club.  Yes please.  Adults all with the same goal = the kids, working towards that goal and nothing else is my jam!  Thursday morning I woke up with a horrible sore throat and fatigue, but no other symptoms.  I wanted to go to back bed all day long, but I made it through.  I figured one more day with it being a cut back week of nothing would be okay.  I had a soul crushing day on Friday with difficult customers and other life circumstances.  



I will say this.  Something happened that I was expecting to happen with a customer that was a past friend.  I knew this outcome would happen because the whole project had been a struggle, a lot of he said she said with two VERY different stories being told.  We documented everything just in case.  We are being threatened with a lawsuit if we try and get the money rightful owed to us which is over 12k.  We were just asking for 6k to try and at least pay for our materials used.  We have lots of options including liens on their property and collections, but is it worth it?   It's one of those cases were we know the truth, everyone around us knows the truth, but is it worth fighting?   They have screwed over so many families through out their existence in our area, but are we the ones to finally stop them?  We have SO much itemized evidence.  Bullies shouldn't win, yet they do again and again. A huge part of me says just walk away, take the hit, and move on.  The other part of me says, yet again, the bad guys won in my life and why does this keep happening to me so STAND UP AND FIGHT BITCH! Still sitting with this one and deciding.  Getting some professional law advice as well, since we have such great documentation of how we did deviate from the initial scope over and over again thus incurring more cost, per the homeowner's request.  



Saturday:  Long run/7 miles.  I decided 5 was not enough and I didn't want to run just 2, so I combined the 2 miler with the 5 miler and made a 7 miler for the weekend.  It started snowing half way into our run and it was a quiet magical snow.  Melly and I caught up and 7 miles was done before we knew it.  



Sunday:  Tournament day!  Our tournament director was able to build a very good round robin for Andrew meaning 3 matches, two of which he should have been able to win.  Whelp, that is not how the day went and I my heart really goes out to my kid.  He is really struggling in tournaments and while the coaches are telling me to keep entering him, I think we are making a huge mistake. His ability is slowly coming, but his drive and heart isn't there yet.  I am not sure if it ever will be. I love this sport so much for what it does for him physically and mentally, but I am not sure he will ever and that breaks my heart.  We have one more month of tournaments and getting his partner ready for districts.  He is also going to be doing some private instruction with a coach who has expressed interest in helping him.  Everyone that sees him in the wrestling room says he has improved SO much this year, but it's just hard to believe when all we see are him in tournaments and failure.  It's also hard because he realizes all of his friends are really super good and he is lagging behind.  Even his partner is starting to win pretty regularly.  So I am in a conundrum.  I want him to finish out the season and then we can re evaluate next year.  I think if he would just stick with it till middle school, he would love it.  Shorter season and for sure shorter practices.  Plus, lots of kids bloom in middle school because puberty and them growing into their own bodies.  Unfortunately I could be totally, totally wrong.  What to do, what to do.  


Back at it next week!  23 miles to cover with an 11 mile long run.  Let's hope the weather cooperates this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment