I'm trying something new. Instead of writing when I get up, I'm trying to write before I go to bed. Let's see how this goes. Here are a few thoughts about last week. Spoiler alert: my battery on my laptop dies in about 0.2 seconds post taking it off of the charger, so we are calling this experiment failed.
Imposter syndrome is real. I feel that way sometimes when we race. We barely got the hang of quarter midgets and now we have dipped into the world of micros, and I feel it again big time. This week it really bit us in the butt when we made a big rookie mistake of overheating our car. Our battery has been causing us issues, so it was either have a dead battery OR overheat the car. We had hopes that it wouldn't overheat so we kept it on to save the battery, but spoiler alert, it did decide to overheat. After having amazing hot laps, and a pretty damn good heat race where he started on the poll, he was pumped to start his 20-lap feature. The car decided otherwise and he made a very smart decision to save the engine and pull it into the infield. I will take a 9K save any day of the week. He still got some money for last place, and we had a great time visiting with friends and old quarter midget racers who came out to support the ginger racer.
Most of the week was spent alone as the boys headed to Tennessee to visit with family. I did enjoy some alone time and some Netflix true crime time; however, I did miss both of them by the end of the week and was glad when they got home. I kind of already do what I want, when I want to, so that wasn't a factor with them being gone. I do miss Martin and had a little regret not going BUT we were slammed at work and being down a team member means we can't have anyone else out. If I could move back to Tennessee, it would be to small town like Martin for sure. To me, Jackson is way too big and there is too much crime, and I've gotten used to small town living. Maybe a thought when Andrew goes to college. I would LOVE it if he went to my alma mater as it's a smaller school and perfect for a kiddo like him that likes to ease into things. He keeps saying he wants to go to KSU but that school will swallow him whole, unless he goes into music and the marching band where he will be taken care of I am sure.
To end, random thoughts by Michelle. I never knew how much anxiety I had till I didn't have any or had very little. Why didn't I try medication sooner? While it has dulled some of the parts of me that I miss like that super passionate person that makes me a kick ass scientist and board member, I don't miss the not sleeping, the constant worrying. Now that I see it in my own child, I am not sure how people around me put up with me on a daily basis and how i didn't wear them the fuck out. To sum it up, hey, I'm sorry. If you are thinking about trying meds for anxiety, do it. You won't regret it. I surely don't.
Have a great week and sorry this is SO behind!

No comments:
Post a Comment