A week of firsts. First time I have a kid in high school. Why do I feel like we are beginning the end? I'm happy and sad all at the same time. He's been super-duper nervous to be in a bigger school with so many kids and having to walk to and from school (he refuses to get his permit go figure), but so far, he's aced both. It's crazy to see my use to be level of anxiety in him. I mean the kid didn't sleep for two nights because he was so freaked out. I love that our local schools do a move up day where they could just be by themselves and figure some things out before everyone was back. I also love that they have a crew of kids that make that day a little less scary for the freshmen.
Also, we have hit the teenage angsty years hard. No more pictures, please don't post that, please don't say anything, you are so cringe! I knew this time would come that he wouldn't want to hang out with me anymore, so this doesn't surprise me. If you've never heard of the "shitting the nest" theory, look it up. I had never heard of it but when I did, it made SO much sense. The other night he told me that I just pissed him off so bad. Get ready kid, this probably won't be the last time. It hurts your momma heart but you also know this is part of growing up. I'm not ready for this milestone but we are here.
No comments:
Post a Comment