Monday, August 31, 2026

Seek and Destroy


Three workouts this week, an everything push, an upper body and a lower body.  Fizzled out on Sunday thanks to a late night and not wanting to push myself to be stupid in the heat.  Yes, it's feels like 107 here and there is no part of me that wants to go outside and do anything, much less work out in a super-hot shop.  There are some weeks I feel so super strong and some weeks I just feel like my 20s are 50s.  This was one of those weeks, but I got it done.  Dependent on the exercise, I sometimes sub out some 12s or 15s, especially when my app wants me to do 12 reps.  Still loving weight training but itching to get back to some running.  



Another weekend and another race.  I am so proud of the progress he has made.  He's a very cautious kid and the fact that he is pushing the car and trying his best every single race makes me so happy.  I put the Go Pro in this week so check out his racing page Andrew Coleman Racing for that footage.  



I took a million photos of him and the crew, but Ashton Tackwell got several good ones on the track.  


Of course, I bought all of them because I had to.


We may have a few potential sponsors for the rest of this year so keep your fingers crossed.  We would like to end the year and do some fun things and visit some more tracks.  





We also got to see a few bands at one of our favorite venues, Switch Wicked.  We missed the first band but caught the second two Big Fat Cow and The Manhattan Project.  Both were amazing but Andrew finally got to go to a standing room only concert and truly feel the music.  He was so excited when they played Metallica Seek and Destroy and of course the whole place went nuts when they played the Phineas and Ferb theme song.  I smiled the rest of the night as this was such a core memory to share this with my kiddo.  We may not get to as many concerts now that football and racing are going to dominate our weekends, but I am SO glad we got to so many live acts this summer.  

Have a great week y'all!  It's football time EVERYWHERE!












No comments:

Post a Comment