Sunday, May 13, 2018

Recovery Week 3/Running with the Cows Race/Pace Week

Of course because I am crazy and have picked up so many pacing duties this spring, my recovery weeks are going to be a bit wonky.  I so love pacing though and will do whatever I need to do to get through them.  Hang on foot and hip, we are going for a ride!
I love the fact that in his interview he wants to become a Lego Master builder!
Monday:  Rest day.  If you have been reading my blogs and specifically my runfessions, I have been talking about my son and his troubles at school.  Upon my request, the school tested him for a variety of disabilities to make sure that his inattentiveness was not due to hearing issues, namely auditory disconnect issues.  I will write more later, but it was a good and bad news situation.  Good news is no disability, bad news is then what is the issue?  We are going to try and wait and see approach, with some re testing done maybe in 1st grade if the issue is still there.  I am not patient and would love some sort of answers, so say a little prayer for me LOL!

I love that all of the sudden Andrew wants to walk to school again!
Tuesday:  Easy speed work.  Wait what?  Isn't that any oxymoron?  Okay again, this one ended up being pretty fun actually, 1 minute hard, 2 minutes easy.  I can do anything for 1 minute right?  Again I didn't program a speed on my watch, just let my body go with what was hard and let that be that.   After the warm up and the intervals, we had only gone 2.2 miles, so we ended up just taking it easy and talking.  It's been a while since all three of us crazy girls that run at 4 am got together and with two of us coaching t ball, we had a lot to talk about!

Hi Kansas, where did spring go?  Did i miss it?
Wednesday: 5 easy miles.  I did this one post dropping Andrew off and boy was it already hot.  The humidity was pretty low, but it was in the low 70s and the dogs and I have not really had any type of acclimation to this weather at all.  I need to be acclimated though if it is going to be in the 90s on Saturday.  Yeesh.  We also moved into our office space at Coleman Electric!  I am so excited to be working somewhere other than my dining room table.  While there are perks to being at home and being able to do chores while I work, I am really digging our shop/office space.  Now if I can get use to the very large window unit right beside my desk that sounds like a freight train when it is running....


Thursday: 4 easy miles.  I was suppose to do this run Friday as a shake out run, but I wanted to run with the girls and the girls meet on Tues/Thurs, so that is that.

I laughed at my hubby for buying a recliner for the shop at a yard sale but it was well worth it!  Best place to nap for sure!

Friday:  Rest day/Travel day.  Headed to KC with melly mel.  We hit up a Trader Joes and a KC running store.  Got myself a Mother's Day present :)  Yes I have a problem when it comes to running jackets and hydration vests.  I truly feel like a girl simply can not have enough gear.


Saturday:  Running with the Cows.  This is my FAVORITE race of all of the KC races.  Tough course including rolling hills, heat and humidity, but wow what an after party.  I have my pacing/running recap here.


Sunday:  Rest day.  Happy Mother's day!  See my Mother's Day post here.  My mom and I are VERY close and I owe so much to her.  She is one of the best moms out there.   We had breakfast at one of my favorite coffee shops, did some wading/swimming in ice cold water, and had t ball practice.  It was a great ending to a wonderful weekend. 

Have a wonderful week next week!  I am not sure what my training will look like as my left foot seems to be getting worse.  I actually felt it during my run, something that previously hasn't happened.  I have been pretty aggressive with my ball rolling on the bottom of my foot, icing, and stretching, so I wonder if I have just aggravated it a bit too much.  Keep your finger's crossed that I get good news with it Wednesday when I go to my chiropractor and get some imaging done.  I still have two more races to pace before I am done with my spring running cycle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment