Tuesday, August 28, 2018

August Runfessions

Grab a beer and settle in for some runfessions.  It's a busy month as we start back to school, have three nights a week with activities, and start soccer again!


We have lost our minds.  We are adding back a third aussie to our pack.  It's been 7 years since we have had a puppy in our household, but Stella's sister was having her last litter, and I just couldn't pass the opportunity by to get a close relative to my other two aussies.  I am not looking forward to the sleepless nights and the super early potty mornings, BUT I already get up four days a week anyway to run so why not :)  My plan is for this dog to be a junior's dog for Andrew, BUT stella was suppose to be for tony and you see how that worked out.  I have never trained and had a puppy in the house disrupting schedules either so WHEEEEE!


Schools back in session!  I am praying for a better year for my little man.  He still seems to be a "frustrated learner" and I would love to try and figure out why he struggles so, but from what I am hearing, that is just how some kids are and always will be.  We have really been working hard at the end of summer along with his twice weekly sylvan sessions, so I am hoping it all pays off.  We also still have the issue of his nervous stomach, which has already reared it's ugly head once, but at least we know that is what it is and not some medical condition, as of course, he has been perfectly fine all summer long.


My body just hates me.  Even with more trail time, all kind of additions to my shoes and feet, and weekly massages when I have the money, nothing is getting better.  I am kind of bummed because the only other thing that is logical is to take time off and fall/winter is my FAVORITE time to run!  The logical side will catch up to me eventually, but right now, the illogically side is winning and I am still running. Remind me how stupid I am when I am sitting on the sidelines this fall.  I have already seen a few races that I would like to do this fall that i didn't have on my radar already:)  Like another race where you loop for so many hours and you see how far you get.  Not sure why but I do love those!  I also am thinking about new shoes. I do like my bondis, but I do feel like the toe box is too narrow and that the shoes and or the heel cups in the shoes may be jacking up my back.  Fix one problem, create another.  I have no clue what shoe to look at next.  I feel like i have tried them all at this point and not one really truly works for me.  I need something with cushion, mid level heel drop, huge toe box, can run on trail/gravel trail, and of course not in a hideous color.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment