Monday, August 31, 2020

Fall is that you?

 Seriously, stop teasing us and just come on in fall!  This is the last week before school starts, or what we are now getting use to as school.  We are eating up every last minute of it and enjoying our extending spring break.  Although I am ready for some alone time where I don't have to listen to stupid youtube videos or the bleeping and blooping of video games.  I love my son so much but 6 months straight of having him 24:7 has been a bit much for me mentally (moms of multiples, I honestly don't know how you do it).  


Don't mind the dog hair under he chair LOL!  We celebrated National Dog day with three very spoiled pups curled up and watching the Eco Challenge race.  Have you watched it yet? I know I am behind most in watching things, but it's thrilling and exciting and makes me want to do adventure racing IF I could handle heat a tad bit better.  I would be one of those racers who on day 2 is already in serious heat stroke judging by the way I have handled this summer and training.  


Had some late nights at the office and some rough days.  You don't own a small business, it owns you, and we are clawing our way through our first four years of being a business.  We have both learned SO much and continue to learn.  Some nights the best course of action after a rough day is go have some tasty brews and start fresh the next day (hopefully minus hang over LOL).  



Found out i was famous yet again.  KSU holds on to any footage they take for any reasons and they tend to reuse it.  This footage was originally for a commercial we did a few years ago that funny enough was on the jumbotron at the KSU football games.  Now, I am in a video for student recruitment on the homepage for KSU  (don't tell anyone that I was certainly not a student when this was shot). Sepia tones really bring out my freckles LOL!  



A little bit of summer and a little bit of fall.  Ready for my pumpkin beer and pumpkin coffee!


The weather has honestly been weird.  Super hot during the day with heat indexes in the 100s.  70s in the morning with one morning having no humidity and the other during the week being in the high 80s but both doable for us and the dogs.   We are still trying to get 4 runs a week in with one long run.


Also still trying to be brave and do the gravel bike rides.  Last week left me a little nervous and defeated but I was ready to come back for more and hoping for a little less hilly route.  We went back to our old route (THANK GOD) and we only had one big hill and one smaller hill.  Much better for wussy me who likes to ride my brakes down hills.  The scenery was amazing and we saw a few historic sites again.  We talked about ghost stories the whole way back and had such a good time minus one spot of crazy hard rocks.  Then it happened. I had forgotten my safety glasses and it was pitch black dark so I couldn't wear my sunglasses.  We were biking back and I ran through a spider web (ON THE FREAKING ROAD) that had a bug or something in it.  The something in it went into my eye and began clawing my eyeball to death.  My only response was to rub as hard as I could till i got back to robin's house where i could douse it with water.  Never found the offending whatever but boy did it hurt.  Glad my hubby wears contacts so I could use his solutions to make my eye not feel on fire.  Will have my safety glasses in my pocket to put on next time FOR SURE!



Had storms Saturday morning so no long run, plus I had had a few beers the night before knowing it was suppose to storm, so slept in and enjoyed a lazy morning.  Had lunch over in St. George and then came back and did some chores around the house.    Finally couldn't take it anymore and headed out on my bike for 10 and then changed quickly, grabbed the dogs and got a quick 3 before we headed to the track again for practice.  


 
We had what I would call productive practices.  The car is resisting us on any changes and we just can't get it dialed in lately.  It's frustrating for all of us, especially Andrew.  Now that he has a car that is super fast and is easy to work on, having a car that isn't can be a little tough.  



My plan was to get up early and get in 10 before races but after another late night of practices, I decided to sleep in and run post races.  Yeah, I know, bad idea.  I do need all of my senses when I score so it is very important that I am not sleepy.  We somehow screwed up a line up last weekend and while it was a rookie class, so doesn't matter how we placed them, it mattered to the parent and to the kiddo and I get it.  We had our normal two heats and two features.  Andrew had not practiced his Jr Animal car (the burgundy 18 above) but he had practiced his Jr Honda car (black and green pictured in the practice picture).  We are still trying to figure out best set up and we are still a work in progress.  I do feel like he is pushing the car now and driving hard, we just need to figure out how to deliver the best set up.  Basically long story short, Jr Animal he started on the pole in the heat and finished 3 out of 5.  The top two cars are running 6.4 seconds per lap and he is running 6.79.  We have to figure out how to get more out of this car.  In the feature he started 3rd since we didn't invert and he got passed by 3 cars so ended up 4th.  He ran 2nd most of the race but again, their cars were just set up better and faster.  He did a little better in Jr Honda this week and that was the big point we were trying to make with him.  If we are going to sell this car, it has to be pushed and look sellable (we already have someone interested, YIPPEEEE).  In the heat race he finished 5 out of 7 with a 7.05 being his fastest lap (fastest car ran a 6.88).  In the feature he  raced hard, made it through some wrecks and finished 4th out of 7 which put him in 3rd for the points for the day.  Again he ran a 7.09 and the feature winner ran a 6.77.  


This is why we race though.  I had a fleeting thought about packing up and rushing home so I could run.  Then I saw him playing and I just didn't want to leave.  These kids race their hearts out on the track and then play like nothing happened.  We adults could learn so much from them.  For that reason, I did not get a long run in this week and I am not sad about it.  

Have a great week! I am looking forward to school starting, cooler weather, and a long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment