Monday, August 3, 2020

The in between of what I do not know

This week did not start out very well, but ended on a fun note......mostly.


We started out the week with Andrew's first visit to the psychiatrist.  We had been fast tracked because of his panic attacks, which have lessened in part to the fact that we are getting back to some sort of normal with camp, football, and racing.  I talked about the visit in depth on my blog FB page, so if you want in depth go there and check out my 3 part video.  Basically, we did a ton of history, lots of questions, set up our next appointment in 3 weeks, and decided he did not need medications at this point for his anxiety, but instead more coping skills/behavioral mods.


Tuesday did not start out well.  Woke up at 3 am to a splitting headache.  Was going to try and sleep more and then get up and run.  Bad idea.  Woke up to even worse headache and puking.  Usually when I puke, my headache goes away, but this time it got worse, way worse.  Finally went back to sleep around 6 am and of course missed my run.  Felt horrible all day, so no running, but by dinner time i was able to eat at least and keep it down.


I should never post that i am sick.  Remember when I posted about my heat rash (which I haven't had happen again even though  I have run in very hot situations since?).  No, a migraine is not Covid, but thanks for worrying about me :)


The next two runs were brought to you by the word HUMID.  77 degrees and 98% humidity at 5 am is NOT COOL KANSAS.  I basically pour  sweat and I have none of it evaporate, so I am just soaked the entire run which then in turn causes chaffing even with my best lube on.  Sigh. SO OVER THIS.



Finally on Friday the temps and humidity gave us a break and the dogs FINALLY got to go with us.  Stella smiled the entire time!  


Why does my kid look so grown up these days?????




Friday night was spent shopping and packing to head to Tulsa. Beautiful sunset over by the shop!


I could write a book about our weekend, but I am not.  The long and short of it was we had fun, he raced hard Saturday, and the wheels fell off Sunday thanks to a late night/early morning bedtime and some puking.  We really enjoyed being with our racing friends and hanging in the parking lot and Andrew had a ton of fun scootering all over the place.  Andrew ended up out of the trophies both days and it was a huge bitter pill for him to swallow.  He has had a lot of bad breaks lately when he is trying hard, so he is learning some very tough lessons.  I am starting to see a tiny bit of grit, but it sure is hard for my mom heart to see the process.  I am not sure we will be back to this track because of a few reasons with their scoring rules and consistency, but I am glad we went.  I have a more detailed break down on my blog FB page Running with Reds if you would like to hear a play by play :)


Have a great week y'all!  We are looking forward to a two day race at our own track and possibly some more camping out and fun.  Plus, Kansas weather may be throwing us a tiny bone and cooling off for a little bit for running, YIPPPEEEE!




No comments:

Post a Comment