Monday, August 10, 2020

Thank you Kansas....sort of?



I am using this pandemic to find fun masks.  Here is one of my new ones :)


Woke up to 53 degrees but 92% humidity.  Actually had goosebumps on my arms while running.  I will take it!  5 miles with the dogs.  

A little post track practice food and beer.  Never been to the Blind Tiger but we will be back!  I mean you can't go wrong with a place that brews it's on beer.

Another cool morning run with Stella ella.  On our way back she started getting sick.  Her and boom had gotten into the very secure dog food container and indulged.  Boom had gotten sick the night before and seemed over it.  Stella seemed fine till we got almost done running and she started vomiting.  Unfortunately,  I had a 1.5 hour zoom call that I couldn't miss but as soon as I got done and got the piles cleaned, called and got her into the vet.


Some anti nausea meds and subQ fluids seem to get her fixed right up.  Wish she would learn from these times but she's a dog, she doesn't generalize.  

Boom got to substitute since it was yet another cool morning.  Supposedly these are going to end and I am super sad.  I am so ready for fall.  
Finally after a few months of Andrew not drawing at all, he finally is getting back into the groove.  Steamboat Willie minus the ship wheel.  

Another practice in the book.  More laps in the bank of experience.  Getting better at pushing the car and trying hard.


Here is a weekend recap to end this post. I did get a longish run in of about 7 miles, but it was super hot at SUPER humid at 5 am so we called it good at what we got.  I am fine with that, we have no reason to be pushing ourselves right now and getting sick/passing out.  I did lay back down and go back to sleep post run which was a very nice change.  We had a night race so post nap and post dropping the dogs off to be boarded, we loaded the trailer and headed to Topeka.  


I have a love hate relationship with night races.  I love the fact that it's fun and thrilling to race under the lights and that we kind of miss the heat of the day.  I hate the super late night with the early day the next day.  


Overall Junior Honda was kind of a bust.  Even when he had a good draw, he let people pass and was content to drive around in the back.  He ended up either 5th or 6th out of 7 every race, mainly because people wrecked and went behind him in the line up.  He had a chance to finish higher up after two kiddos wrecked and went behind him, but for whatever reason he let them pass him back.  The weird thing is, his car was consistently faster than the two cars in front of him and the picture above really shows how he drove Sunday.  We have been working on him getting the courage to get up behind other cars and let them know he is there before passing.  We got the bumper pushing part down, just not the passing, as I don't think they fear little Cautious Coleman.  He will get there, I do have hope.  Every weekend we are seeing small changes and this was the first two day show where he was pretty consistent all weekend with his level of try.


I love this picture so much.  He loves his Junior Animal Car so much that we might sell his junior Honda and get another chassis just like his Jr Animal car chassis.  He drove his ass off in this car, went almost 4 tenths of a second faster than his other car and passed people!!!!  I am not sure why this car makes him so confident since it is faster and harder to drive.  He made several passes in this car this weekend, although he started to loose his courage on Sunday and kind of let a few people by him to get 5th place.  He had a 3rd in the feature on Saturday night out of 5 drivers and a 3rd in the heat race out of 6 drivers on Sunday.   I am one proud momma of how hard he tried for almost 90% of the weekend.  

We made it through another 2 race weekend!  Tired but happy and ready to have a weekend off.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment