Monday, August 22, 2022

Firsts

First week of school and first week of football.  Stick a fork in me, I am done and I am not the one doing either of these things!  Andrew is pretty much sleeping and eating like a boss, so I am sure much growing is happening. We are slowly getting into a groove, but I am sure as homework and projects are added in, we are going to have a lot of fun with this year.  I am dreading him leaving his current elementary school and heading to middle school as all of the transitions and new challenges middle school brings.  Time can you please slow down a bit?


First day of 5th grade in Mrs. Townsend's class and last year at West Elementary. 


2nd year of playing tackle football.  Taking snaps with the A team on offense and defense.  He will have to battle for both spots as neither is a given, but I think he is up to the task this year.  


He had a super group of kids in his class this year.  Here is to great friendships and lots of learning!



I also had a first this week.  My first pair of bifocals.  Yeah for aging!  So glad that racing has shown me that my eyes are going bad.  I couldn't score cars at all at the last race because I couldn't see far and my eyes were shot.  Now I shouldn't have any issues, even if my kiddo says I don't look like his mommy anymore (small sob).


I did 3 runs and a bike session this week.  Two runs were post football and a long run of 10 miles on Saturday.  I detect the slightest hint of fall.  On my bike ride, the gentle north breeze felt like heaven.  



We also took a couple of day trips to visit breweries in nearby cities.  We headed down to Council Grove to River Bank Brewery to try out their selection of beers.  While they didn't have the beers listed on their FB page (booo), they still had a very nice Mexican lager that was yummy and salty and a light porter.  We explored the town as well and had to recreate a photo from a 5 K I did when Andrew was a year old.  I can't quite get him on my hip anymore but I tried!


My ultimate dream would be to open a place like this in Wamego.  Sigh.  I girl can hope.  


I didn't get many pictures from our Sunday trip to Lawrence Brewing Company because my phone died.  The Labontes, a racing family met us in Lawrence a little off of the main drag for beer and really good food.  I loved the space, the food, and the selection of beers. I also loved the history of the building and how they were taking an older run down section of the city and revitalizing it.  


We will be back as there are several more breweries to try in Lawrence.  I bought a book in Council Grove with all of the craft beer breweries around and I am making it my mission to hit as many as we can as .  


Have a great week y'all!  I am looking forward to full pads football practice, cooler temps, and getting into the grit of school!






No comments:

Post a Comment