Sunday, August 14, 2022

Last free week!

Four runs and one bike ride this week, but it is what it is.  Heat was horrible, we were super busy with back to school stuff and football, and work has been crazy, which are all good things.


Monday night sunset run post football.  Cool and nice, just like I like it.  Come on fall, we are ready!


Quick run Tuesday before work.  


Speed and agility and conditioning was tough, but these two made it through week 1.


Pool with friends equals out by 7 pm.  School and football next week are going to rock his world, all in a good way.  I will be honest, I mostly let him be feral this year because next starts weights and summer football work outs during the day so this is really his last free summer. 


Another pre work run.  Going to have to start getting up much earlier to run and to get little red to school.  I'm not ready, especially since my ability to get to sleep has diminished again and I commonly see midnight or even 1 am before I am sleepy enough to go to sleep.  



Back to school night to take our supplies and meet our teacher was quick but fun.  I really didn't know any of the 5th grade teachers, even though I am a coach at Andrew's school for Girls on the Run.  I have heard such great praise for Andrew's teacher this year and she has even won a bunch of awards for her teaching. I am SUPER excited for this pivotal year before we head over to the middle school and for the mix of kids he has in his class.  


Kind of not ready for football 3 nights a week, home work, reading, early bedtimes and early wake up times.  Summer is so nice for me to relax on the frantic pace of life, even though we own our own business.  Oh well, back to the grind.



We participated in the annual football fundraiser night.  We had good drinks, won several silent auction items, and had amazing food and drinks.  Our Grid Iron club helps with not only the high school and middle school team, but also the Jr red raiders teams.  I kind of got a little carried away on the silent auction stuff thinking we wouldn't get ALL of the things we big on.  Whoops.  We did.  


We also won big on a 4 night stay at a lake house!  I am SUPER excited!  We may not get to take big vacations but heck, even a few nights a way would be worth it.  Now the problem begins of when in the heck we can get away LOL!


Saturday was super productive.  Equipment check out happened, brunch happened with andrew and his buddy, a 16 mile bike ride happened, lawn work happened, dog grooming happened, and house work happened.  Whew.  


I ended the week with a longish run.  I had planned on an early morning and 10 miles but spoiler alert, that did NOT happen.  I kept waking up, looking at the weather (96% humidity), and going back to sleep. I finally drug my butt out of bed at 6:30 am and got on the road at 7:30 am,  which meant we were in the sun and the humidity.  There was a coolish breeze from the east, so I decided to stay on the upland portion of my route, set up an aid station with water and a water bowl for boom, and did lots of out of backs.  We got in 7 miles before I called it good to head the mile back home.  We still have 2 weekends to get a 10 or 11 since we don't really need to taper for the half marathon anyway.  

Have a great week y'all!  A cool front is coming and I AM HERE FOR IT!


























No comments:

Post a Comment