Tuesday, November 14, 2023

A new normal?


Brain tumor update:  Thought i would start with this.  If you don't recall or are just reading this, my hubby who had had some pretty bad headaches finally got sent to the ER and then had brain surgery to rid his brain of a baseball sized tumor.  He first had to stay in the hospital several days pre surgery to take massive doses of steroids, but then had brain surgery and was discharged 3 days later.  I am amazed you can have your skull cut into, your brain exposed, a giant tumor removed, and then be home 3 days later.  We had our first follow up with our GP just for a check in and everything looks good.  He is progressing nicely to complete recovery and should be back to no restrictions next week.  Holy moly batman, everything is moving so fast, but I am happy.  There has been a lot of reflecting and should of could of would of.  Lots of plans made for the future.  Lots of shuffling at work.  Lots of priority shifting.  I hope it isn't too little too late kind of deal.  I am also ready for the roids to be out of his system.  He has been redecorating/moving stuff around/adding can lights to every room of our house and up all night not sleeping.  The GP said it could take up to 10 days post taking the last pill.  



Running update:  Got three runs in and even a longish run!  I love this time a year for running!  I feel like I am floating on air when it's cold out.  Plus, the bird of prey are very active when it's cold outside and I can play is that an eagle or what is that?  I am contemplating races and goals and what my schedule can handle and what it can't.  While part of me wants to commit to something, the other part of me is very grateful to be able to run whenever I can and NOT follow a schedule. I am doing the Another Mother Runner Joy to the run again this year which includes work outs, yoga, and running.  I have had fun doing this the last few years and look forward to doing it again.  


We also had our end of year racing banquet.  While this year starting out exciting and fun, the middle and end were horrible and no good, and I am not sure how to feel about the totality of the season.  I find huge fault in our side (meaning Tony and I, not Andrew), but also have grace because we are trying to work multiple jobs and keep all of the plates spinning and in the air and we did the best we could.  We practiced maybe 2 times total all season, had very little time to devote to the cars, and of course was dealing with Tony's constant debilitating headaches caused by his tumor.  So what do you do?  I honestly two years ago wanted to walk away, but we keep coming back because maybe things will change.  Will they?   We are going to give it one more go next year.  We loved traveling and would love to do that more.  We have a great group now at the track that we have fun with.  Andrew ended up 6th out of 9th which is better than his usual last place.  He also came in second out of three in animal, a class we may not do next year due to low participation.  Time will tell and we are not making any decisions today, tomorrow, or the next day for that matter.  


Have a great week y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment